15 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2007 9:00 AM by Jim_Simon

Media OffLine

I have this problem since a couple of days.
      I make a new project (HDV 1080p). I import my hdv clips from my canon hv20 (m2t files), edit my project and then close the program. Well, when I reopen the project all the media, titles included, are offline whereas they are not, of course.
      I tried to relink all the the media, cancel the project cache and save but when I close and reopen the project the media is offline again.

Need urgent help.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Media OffLine
          Jeron Coolman Level 1
          Are the m2t files that you captured from the HV20, HDV 1080p or are they 1080i?
          • 2. Re: Media OffLine
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

Also what is the full path to your source files?

Cheers
            Eddie

Forum FAQ
            Premiere Pro Wiki
            - Over 250 frequently answered questions
            - Over 100 free tutorials
            - Maintained by editors like you
            • 3. Re: Media OffLine
              Level 1
              HV20 record in full hd 1920x1080 in progressive mode if selected. Then the video flow is stored in tapes in HDV (1080i). Say that the flow is progressive but is stored interlaced for compatibility reasons with old tv-set.
              I always set the camera in progressive mode and open a 1080p project (I always did so with no problem really).
              • 4. Re: Media OffLine
                Level 1
                The full path of my source files?!?
                It's D:\Mantova where D is one of the two partition of my hard disk: why this question?
                • 5. Re: Media OffLine
                  Eddie Lotter Level 4

Occasionaly foreign characters in path names can cause glitches.

Since that is not the case here please provide more details to help us help you.

Cheers
                  Eddie

Forum FAQ
                  Premiere Pro Wiki
                  • 6. Re: Media OffLine
                    Level 1
                    I hoped someone could help me more quickly and simply...:)
                    I should provide all those details?!? It'll take me a month to do that...
                    Anyway later I'll try to upload a piece of work with the the problem within.

Thanks, bye.
                    • 7. Re: Media OffLine
                      Jeron Coolman Level 1
                      "I always set the camera in progressive mode and open a 1080p project (I always did so with no problem really)."

For a troubleshooting endeavour, what happens if you try a 1080i project?

I'm experiencing all sorts of issues using HDV and CS3 that I didn't have in 2.0; e.g. the workflows I used to have with 2.0 don't work in CS3.
                      • 8. Re: Media OffLine
                        Harm Millaard Level 7
                        1. HV20 does NOT record 24P. You have to capture as 60i with pulldown.
                        2. Yes you should provide all those details, unless you want the thread to go on beyond 50-60 posts and still have no answer.
                        • 9. Re: Media OffLine
                          Level 1
                          I'm from Italy and my HV20 record 25p, not 24p. Then flows are stored in tapes as they were interlaced 50i but the cmos sensor is able to work at 25p.
                          I tried to find out how to upload my files on the site you posted but I failed...
                          I'm a yahoo registered user but didn't a way to make upload.
                          • 10. Re: Media OffLine
                            Eddie Lotter Level 4

That's weird. Perhaps you have to join the group to be able to post? Alternatively use any site that allows you to upload the files so we can access them.

Cheers
                            Eddie

Forum FAQ
                            Premiere Pro Wiki
                            • 11. Re: Media OffLine
                              Level 1
                              Ah ok. I'll try to upload onto www.divshare.com tomorrow. Hope it'll suite you.
                              Thanks a lot.

Bye.
                              • 12. Re: Media OffLine
                                Jeron Coolman Level 1
                                "Then flows are stored in tapes as they were interlaced 50i but the cmos sensor is able to work at 25p."

Your CMOS sensor doesn't come into play when it comes to capturing the 50i data from your tape, after the fact (of shooting).

The 25p mode of the CMOS just acts like a "filter" to manipulate the images before they get recorded on to tape at 50i.

The captured file is 50i, because the data was recorded onto the tape at 50i and it is transferred into the computer as a 50i file.
                                • 13. Re: Media OffLine
                                  Jim_Simon Level 8
                                  I think Jeron may be right.

>"In April 2007 Canon released an updated compact consumer camera model Canon HV20 which, in addition to its predecessor's features, has a 24p Progressive + film mode where the CMOS sensor captures 24 frames per second progressive but using telecine is taped in 60i to remain compatible with consumer level editing suites."

I assume in Pal land that would also be true for 50i, so maybe working entirely in a 50i project is what's needed.
                                  • 14. Re: Media OffLine
                                    Level 1
                                    I made several projects in 25p and found no problems at all so I really don't think that setting my project to 50i I might solve...

I can't upload my entire project cause it would be greater than 300-400 MB. The problem disappears if I try to delete some m2t file from within the project itself. I can't reproduce the problem by now.
                                    Don't know what to do as I can't find out the problem...

Thanks to all you guys who tried to help me.

Bye, Michele.
                                    • 15. Re: Media OffLine
                                      Jim_Simon Level 8
                                      You could try a test in a 50i preset using some of the problem clips, just to see what happens.