0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2009 8:11 AM by (Jay_Burnham)

Problem w/ Frame Hold and speed/duration effects

I'll try to make this brief but thorough.

Working with PPro CS# on a MacPro dual 2.8Ghz Quad Core w/ 8 GB Ram. OS 10.5.5. Internal RAID, ATI Radeon HD 2600, Quicktime Ver 7.5.5, AJA Kona Lhe capturing analog Beta SP footage using the AJA SD_486i@29.97fps preset. This preset is: 720x486, 29.97fps, NTSC D1, Lower Field.

Project Render settings are: Max Bit Depth Off, preview file is 10-bit YUV 4:2:2, Compressor is 10-bit YUV 4:2:2, Millions of Colors.

Now to the 1st issue. With a captured video clip in the PPro timeline I want to add a "Frame Hold" effect. I right click on the clip in the timeline and go to Frame Hold. I check Hold On and select In Point and click OK. Back in the timeline nothing has changed, the clip still plays normally without any frame hold effect.

The 2nd issue: I want to make a clip play at 200%. I right click on the clip in the timeline and select speed/Duration. I type in 200 for the speed and click OK. The clip plays great at 200% UNRENDERED. When I render the clip it is pixelated, looks like low quality. This if fine for exporting to DVD, I just don't render the timeline. But to output to Beta SP I need to render the timeline, then all of the speed/duration clips look bad.

Thank you very much for your time and help,

Jay B.