5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2009 6:32 AM by Eddie Lotter

Adobe Tutor

Level 1
      I have someone who wants me to tutor them in the basics of premiere, AE, Authoring and encoding, and am wondering what hourly rate you (if you were tutoring) would charge to do this?
        • 1. Re: Adobe Tutor
          Colin Brougham Level 6
          Depends if they're going to be your competition or not :)

I'd charge about half of your hourly editing rate, but it really depends if this person just wants to learn for learning's sake, or to become a professional. Less for the former, more for the latter.

There's a reason higher education costs so much these days...
          • 2. Re: Adobe Tutor
            Level 1
            They're not competition, so could you ballpark me a number of what you think people would pay for basic post tutoring?
            • 3. Re: Adobe Tutor
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              Decide what your time is worth. If the person will pay it, great. If not, they move on. Won't do you much good to do it for less than your time is worth.
              • 4. Re: Adobe Tutor
                shooternz Level 6
                What is your hourly rate at the moment for whatever else you do professionally?

FWIW: I do not charge any of my own time by the hour. Its always a flat rate based on my estimation of the task at hand. (It's swings and roundabouts)

Tutoring:

Determine their needs based on where they are at currently.

Estimate how long approximately it will take to bring them up to speed and offer them a flat rate to do so.
                • 5. Re: Adobe Tutor
                  Eddie Lotter Level 4
                  >offer them a flat rate to do so.

If you decide to offer a flat rate then also specify a fixed period, otherwise they will take advantage of your time.

Cheers
                  Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
                  - Over 300 frequently answered questions
                  - Over 250 free tutorials
                  - Maintained by editors like you
                  Forum FAQ