7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2009 8:09 PM by Jim_Simon

Premiere CS3 just quits

I usually use Edius but I thought I would give Premiere a try. The first thing I noticed was I could not import the MPG files I usually work with. I download the files from my camera which are MPEG-2 format but have an MOD extension. I change the extension to MPG and normally load them directly into Edius with no problem. When I try to Import them into Premiere I get an error message that it can't load them because they are an unknown format. So, I figured just for testing purposes I would import an avi file. The file loaded and was sitting there ready to be loaded into the time line. When I highlighted the file Premier just disappeared. No error message or anything just gone without a trace and my desktop showing as though I never had anything running. Now that is strange!
      XP SP3, Custom build computer ASUS P5K3, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 HGz,2Gigs DDR3 SDRAM, MSI Radeon HD 2600Pro 512MB 128 bit Video card, Canopus DV Storm Capture card and Bay,4 WD Caviar SE 250 Gig SATA 3Gb/s Hard drives in a parallel striped RAID array, no printer.
      Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone have any idea why this would happen?
      Thanks,
      David40