6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2009 5:32 AM by johan a vos

No responce to my topic

johan a vos
      I did not get any responce to my topic about exporting WMV
      Is this because it is a question in a earlier topic which I did not see?
      Or is the question not clear?
      The only thing I want to know is if this is a problem what only appeare in my studio or is this a common problem
        • 1. Re: No responce to my topic
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b7e4b2?50@@ does not really give much information

This is a user to user forum... not Adobe support, and not a group of mind readers

First, work through the steps here http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed, report back with the DETAILS asked for in the questions at the end of that link... For question #1 see the note about the FREE http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
          • 2. Re: No responce to my topic
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            I just never export .wmv files, so I can't really help.
            • 3. Re: No responce to my topic
              Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              You didn't get a response because your question was not clear, and it was also not clear what question to ask.

What did you mean by: "...when I am changing the pixels in, for example, the height..."

Your full original question (in John's link above) is:

> If I am exporting a wmv whit standard settings, no problems. But when I am changing the pixels in, for example, the height I am getting a unknown error????
              • 4. Re: No responce to my topic
                johan a vos Level 1
                Oke I try to be more specific. Please be pacient with me, English is not me best language.
                I like to export a video from the timeline. I thoose media encoder in the export options. My customer akses for a wmv file 420 x 315 pixels.
                In export settings I have 420x315, 25(fps) audio 192 kbps, 33 kHz, 2 channel 24 bit VBR comp VBR 2 pass.
                In tab source no cropping 720x 576. In tab output no deinterlase 420 x 315. When click ok and give a name after two seconds a popup with report unknow error. When I change dimensions in 420 x 320, no problem. The same 420x310. With 419x320 a popup again. So it seems that media encoder only works with dozens and not with units. Or I do something wrong.
                • 5. Re: No responce to my topic
                  Harm Millaard Level 7
                  Go for the 420x320 version. 315 is very odd and best results are only achievable when the size is a multiple of 16, as 320 is. I would also suggest more common audio settings. 33 kHz is rather uncommon, 44.1 or 48 kHz is much more common.
                  • 6. Re: No responce to my topic
                    johan a vos Level 1
                    Yes it must be 44 instead of 33. Type mistake