3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2009 2:59 PM by Jeff Bellune

PREMIER CRASHES WHEN CHOOSING FONT/MY QUICKTIMEFOOTAGE STUTTERS EVEN WHEN RENDERED

Okay, I have a MACBOOK PRO with PARALELLS INSTALLED with WINDOWS VISTA and my ADOBE stuff installed on the virtual machine. I have to capture footage through IMOVIE because PARALELLS doesn't support firewire. So I have to import the QUICKTIME file from a shared folder. So then, when I put the footage in the timeline or open the source, the footage stutters on play back. Also, when I try to create a new title, when I go to choose a different file, the program crashes. please help.
        • 1. Re: PREMIER CRASHES WHEN CHOOSING FONT/MY QUICKTIMEFOOTAGE STUTTERS EVEN WHEN RENDERED
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
          The title problem is caused by a corrupt or improperly formed font. Maybe even a Mac-specific font. Use a font manager to help you find which font(s) is causing the problem.

Are you using Quicktime project settings? If not, create a project with the Desktop editing mode and a QT codec.
          • 2. Re: PREMIER CRASHES WHEN CHOOSING FONT/MY QUICKTIMEFOOTAGE STUTTERS EVEN WHEN RENDERED
            Level 1
            Thanks for the help, Jeff. Unfortunately, it did not remedy my problem. I started a new file with the desktop mode set. The only codec options I had was Windows video, uncompressed 10, or uncompressed 8. I did notice that when I go to change the playback settings, I have compatible, standard, and GPU ecelerated. The only one that will work is compatible. Standard shows no video but has music. And GPU crashes the program. I took out around 75 fonts today but that didn't help. Also, I downlaoded the patches 3.0 and 3.1 and 3.2 for CS3. The 3.2 loaded fine but the other 2 won't. They just roll and roll. Have any advice here? I own the CS3 Master Collection and all the other programs seem to work fine. Thanks for listening. Oh and, I don;t have a font manager on my windows so I am not sure what to do find which one is corrupt.

Jeff Delaney
            • 3. Re: PREMIER CRASHES WHEN CHOOSING FONT/MY QUICKTIMEFOOTAGE STUTTERS EVEN WHEN RENDERED
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
              The free font manager, FontFrenzy will let you create a backup of your fonts. After that's done, use FontFrenzy to delete half of your fonts, then try a title in PrCS3 again.

If it still crashes, restore your full font collection and this time, delete the other half. Repeat until PrCS3's titler doesn't crash anymore.

Before you do that, though, a good place to start is the "DejaVu Sans" font. Untouched, that font will definitely crash Premiere's titler. I think OpenOffice.org installs it (but I'm not sure). If you use FF to delete it, all of the font forms of DVS won't get deleted. But that's OK, because the remaining varieties of DVS won't crash the titler.

I don't have CS3 readily available, but there's definitely a way to get a Quicktime Desktop project up and running.

If you are getting crashes when you change playback settings, I would try updating your graphics card driver. If necessary, try decreasing the hardware acceleration of the video card using Display Properties.