3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2009 10:31 AM by Colin Brougham

Locating resource in timeline

Keith Broaddrick
      Hi all.

I frequently use the 'reveal in project' feature for a clip on my timeline.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to select a clip in the project window and 'reveal in timeline' or 'reveal in sequence'?

I know if you select a clip in the project window it will show you 'video used 3 time' etc, but doesn't show you where on the timeline...

Am I missing something, or does anyone know a work around?

THanks.
      Keith
        • 1. Re: Locating resource in timeline
          Colin Brougham Level 6
          There's a little triangle next to that "Video used X times" text. If you click that, a little dropdown will appear, that lists all the sequences and timecodes where that clip is used. Select one of the items in the list, and the sequence will come forward with the CTI parked at the head of the clip.
          • 2. Re: Locating resource in timeline
            Keith Broaddrick Level 1
            Thank Colin. Exactly what I needed.

So now I am wondering why I have clips in my project window that say they are used x times, but when I click the triangle, nothing happens.

I have several clips in the project window that say they are used, but I know good and well they are not. I try to clear them from the project window and get the popup message telling me that all references to them in the time lines will be deleted. Click the triangle and no usage or timecode show up.

What could cause Premiere to mark a clip as used, when it really isn't? I click on 'remove unused' and the still remain because they are marked as being used.

Keith
            • 3. Re: Locating resource in timeline
              Colin Brougham Level 6
              You've got me on that one. I'd suggest importing your original project into a new one (using the same project settings) and see if you can locate/remove the clips then. Sometimes, project files get a little wonky and importing a maladjusted project into a fresh one rights the ship. Worth a shot...

Another option could be using the Project Manager, but that would depend on what stage you've reached in regards to your project's completion.