5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2009 1:01 PM by Jyunte

"R6025 -pure virtual function call" Error While Use Adobe Media Encoder

Jyunte
      I'm trying to use Adobe Media Encoder (CS3) to output a project to H.264. I have about 3 minutes of footage on the Premier Pro CS3 Timeline, all of it in Cineform AVI intermediate format. When I export the movie through AME and select 2-pass VBR, it gets through the first pass, but crashes at 50% on the second pass with the error:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
      Runtime Error!
      Program E:\Progra...

R6025
      -pure virtual function call"

Any ideas what may be causing this error?
        • 1. Re: "R6025 -pure virtual function call" Error While Use Adobe Media Encoder
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          Mind reader here: Your C++ library needs updating.

There have been numerous similar posts here. Do a search or provide details.
          • 2. Re: "R6025 -pure virtual function call" Error While Use Adobe Media Encoder
            Jyunte Level 1
            Thanks Harm... did that already, before posting. :-)

Google searches on the error message showed very differing thoughts and possible solutions than those shown on this forum, including possibly bad RAM.

Since the "Update the C++ Library" solutions listed here were pretty old, I was looking for something "newer."
            • 3. Re: "R6025 -pure virtual function call" Error While Use Adobe Media Encoder
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              Since it is unclear whether you are on Mac or PC and if on PC whether you have a really old OS or a more recent one and all relevant details are still missing, I wish you luck in solving it.
              • 4. Re: "R6025 -pure virtual function call" Error While Use Adobe Media Encoder
                Jyunte Level 1
                Point taken...

I'm on a Dell XPS 720 Windows XP (32-bit) system, with all up-to-date service packs and patches. I have 4GB RAM installed, and Production Premium CS3, TMPGEncXPress and Cineform's Neo Scene. Neo Scene is a recent addition and the problem existed prior to its installation. I have two 7900GS graphics cards (each with 256MB video RAM), running in SLI mode.

I dual boot Windows XP: One system is "Messy" with all kinds of stuff installed. The other is "Clean" and has virtually nothing installed, except for the three suites previously mentioned. No anti-virus or anti-spyware software is installed on the Clean system. I get the error on both systems.

I saw the post from September 2007 reference vcredist_x86. I'll be trying that at my next opportunity, however, I'm not sure that will fix it, as I don't see why both systems would suffer from the same corruption. I'll also be swapping out RAM to see if that fixes the issue.
                • 5. Re: "R6025 -pure virtual function call" Error While Use Adobe Media Encoder
                  Jyunte Level 1
                  Success! Installing the VCREDIST_x86 solved my problem. I installed it on my "Messy" system first and was able to export a movie via AME with no crashes or errors.

Based on this success, I installed it on my "Clean" system and was also able to export via AME...

Then I restarted the computer, and my "Clean" system would no longer boot! If it's not one thing, it's another! Anyway, after a few hours messing around in Safe Mode, I determined the problem was with the video driver. After reinstalling the video driver, I was back up and running. I do not believe the two incidents were related to each other but were just coincidences, so anyone having this problem should feel safe installing the VCREDIST_X86 patch.