4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2009 8:19 AM by the_wine_snob

Transcode to HDV error

In trying to export a half hr show in HDV the transcode step always gets about 3-6 minutes in and crashes. Have disabled anti virus/screen savers/dual monitors etc. Reinstalled system clean and software no luck. Project is on external Seagate drive via sata cable 7200rpm. In the error report I always see ModName: fx-prodad-vitascene.prm I was suspecting third party Vitascene plug-in in for CS3 which I use for a few transitions but all updates,including directX are current. Working with HDV mpeg-2 files.

My System:
      Shuttle pc intel core2 duo
      WinXP pro SP3
      2G RAM
      (1) 500G Internal 7200
      NVidia GForce 9600GT
      CS3 Production Bundle
      All Software Updates Current
        • 1. Re: Transcode to HDV error
          Revolved Level 1

I also have the same videocard and core quad, xp sp3 and all updates und very often have the same error and crash, it's almost impossible to render 1 hour movie, and mostly it crashes on vitascene transition effect, when encoding with adobe media encoder it's crashes not so often as with canopus procoder.

Searched the web and found only this post.

I think some default settings or videocard itself cause it.

• 2. Re: Transcode to HDV error
            Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

This is just a shot in the dark, but you might try disabling the PhysX nVidia application or even removing it completely, it does nothing for Premiere.

• 3. Re: Transcode to HDV error
              the_wine_snob Level 9

You have obviously used the ProDAD Vitascene on part of your Timeline. I've heard of very few problems with it, you you might want to do a test without that Effect, just to see what is going on. I use Vitascene a bit, and have had zero issues, but then I am applying it to SD material.

Though it sounds like you have shut down many of the "usual suspects," this ARTICLE might give you a useful tip - or you may already have done everything in it.

Good luck, and let us know how the non-Vitascene version works.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Transcode to HDV error
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Bill,

Have not heard of the PhysX for nVidia. Will have to keep this tucked into the back of my mind, and will investigate it a bit more. I've got 2 nVidias (one Quadro and one GeForce), and have not noticed this.

Thanks,

Hunt