7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2009 6:26 AM by Eddie Lotter

[ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In

Eddie Lotter Level 4

I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of the Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In.

This is free software that allows you to export sequence and DVD marker information from your Premiere Pro projects.

Additionally you can export a thumbnail of the frame at each of the markers.

The plug-in has been tested in Premiere Pro 1.5, 2.0 and CS3 on Windows XP SP3.

Please feel free to report problems in this thread.

Cheers
      Eddie

PremiereProPedia    ( RSS feed)
      - Over 350 frequently answered questions
      - Over 300 free tutorials
      - Maintained by editors like you
      Forum FAQ
        • 1. Re: [ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In
          Level 1
          Excellent plug-in! I installed it on two workstations, after testing on the first, and it seems to work as expected. All I can say is, where was this plug-in when I needed it four years ago! :)
          Thumbnails are a nice feature that helps one keep track of where a chapter marker is, because sometimes in Scenarist, it's quite difficult to keep track if you have 20 or more chapters.
          This will save a lot of time with manual stop, copy and paste operations. I was doing that into a Notepad file for the past 5 years and it was quite tedious.
          Now if I can just figure out how to import chapter markers as a FILE into Scenarist, I'll be in fat city.
          Thanks for a very useful utility!

PS: Is it necessary to leave the installer utility on the system once the plugin is set up, or can that be removed without impacting the plugin?
          • 2. Re: [ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

You can delete the .MSI installation file once it's installed. Windows keeps a copy so that it can be uninstalled from the Control Panel.

I'm glad you like it. :)

Cheers
            Eddie

Forum FAQ
            • 3. Re: [ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              >Now if I can just figure out how to import chapter markers as a FILE into Scenarist

Encore can't even do that. And it should be able to!

(Here I'm talking about exporting a 'chapter' type file as a separate action for use in Encore. I know it works sort of automatically if you export certain file types from Premiere. But I want to be able to export just the chapters as a file, and use that in Encore.)
              • 4. Re: [ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In
                Level 1
                Eddie:

I see that there is a folder C:\Program Files\2Writers.com\Marker Export Manager 1.2.1.10. It has the actual .PRM file in it. Is there any reason that cannot be placed into the adobe plugins folder directly and this other folder removed? Or best to leave it as-is? I'm just trying to keep things as tidy and minimal as possible here.
                Anyway, thanks for providing this utility. It has been sorely-missed since Premiere 6.x.

Jim:

I spent a little time studying Scenarist's import menus, but apparently there is no means to import a list of chapters. An entire project as a script, yes, but not a chapter list. As for Encore, well, I feel your pain. And it goes a lot deeper than just chapters that don't import. :)
                • 5. Re: [ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In
                  Eddie Lotter Level 4

Mark, that is the copy that the manager uses to distribute the plug-in to the various versions of PPro on your computer.

Once you have distributed the plug-in as desired you can actually use the Control Panel to uninstall everything from the Program Files folder, if you really want to. The uninstall process has no knowledge of the plug-in in the PPro folder(s), so it won't get uninstalled.

Cheers
                  Eddie

Forum FAQ
                  • 6. Re: [ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In
                    Level 1
                    Thanks Eddie. Good information there. Might be worth adding a note to the installation notes about that in the future. ;-)
                    • 7. Re: [ANN] Premiere Pro Marker Export Plug-In
                      Eddie Lotter Level 4

I'd prefer not to mention that because people will forget how to remove the plug-in from PPro without the manager. ;)

The footprint of the product is very small (840KB) so it's not a liability keeping the manager around.

Cheers
                      Eddie

Forum FAQ