This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
While you're getting the info for Eddie's questions, you might think about what might have changed on your system. If you have either updated XP, or have it set to automatic, some of the updates make driver obsolete. Video (and Audio) drivers get nailed far too often. Since Alienware is now Dell, I'd start at their site for updated drivers. Be sure to look at both the Video AND the Audio (as strange as it sounds).
1. The codecs used in your source clips (use the FREE GSpot or MediaInfo to determine the codec)
2. Premiere Pro
1. Platform in use (PC or MAC)-PC
2. Version number :2002
3. Installation language- English
4. Updates applied : Windows automatic updates
5. Project settings- not sure Premiere wont start up.
3. Operating System
1. Name- Windows XP Professional
2. Update/patch level- Service Pack 3
3. Installed language - English
4. CPU type and speed
5. Amount of memory (RAM)- 2 gigs
6. Video card
1. Manufacturer N-vidia
2. Model : GeForce 8700M GT
3. Driver version : 188.8.131.5232
7. Number of monitors (displays) in use-1
8. Audio card
1. Manufacturer : Realtek
3. Driver version 184.108.40.20666
9. Each hard drive's capacity and space remaining
1. Disk setup (partitions used, raid configuration, what is where for OS/projects/media/scratch/audio)
10. Hardware capture device
1. Manufacturer -Canon
2. Model : Vixia HV30
3. Driver version number
11. Capture software
1. Name: Adobe Premiere Pro
2. Company : Adobe
3. Version : 3.2.0
12. Comprehensive list of third-party plug-ins you installed. None
13. Exact text of any error messages - None
14. Explain clearly what you want to do, what you are doing and what the result is- I am trying to start Premiere. I start up the application from the Start menu. The result is that it starts to load its various components (lavender title screen), The menu bar appears, but then the application quits.
15. Be sure to mention if it is something that worked before using the same procedure : The software has worked for at least 6 months previous to this occurrence. However, this is the first time Ive tried to start the application after having captured a clip using the Canon HDV.
16. Very importantly: Post details of troubleshooting you have already done to avoid "did that" reponses to questions people ask when trying to help. : I have reinstalled Adobe Premier Pro, but the problem persists.
The second bullet point of the General section has a list of knowledgebase articles helping with startup issues. What methods detailed in those articles have you tried?
PremiereProPedia ( RSS feed)
- Over 350 frequently answered questions
- Over 300 free tutorials
- Maintained by editors like you