11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 7:03 AM by the_wine_snob

graphic/text arch

Level 1
      i'm trying to make a graphic where the word will apear in the form of an arch ore upside dowm "U".
        • 1. Re: graphic/text arch
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Use "path text" in the titler.

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia    ( RSS feed)
          - Over 350 frequently answered questions
          - Over 300 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: graphic/text arch
            Ruud Blauw Level 1
            >upside down "U".

A "∩". ;)
            • 3. Re: graphic/text arch
              shooternz Level 6
              ...and if you want to do it in AEFX there is a Path Text effect that has some nice control as well.
              • 4. Re: graphic/text arch
                Level 1
                Text path? Could you be more specific as to where this is exactly? I'm hoping it's similar to Word in that you can select a pre-determined path.

Thank you!
                • 5. Re: graphic/text arch
                  Eddie Lotter Level 4
                  >Could you be more specific as to where this is exactly?

If you buy the plane ticket I will come and show you otherwise take thirty seconds to look it up like I did. ;)

>I'm hoping it's similar to Word in that you can select a pre-determined path.

Your hopes are fulfilled. :)

Cheers
                  Eddie

Forum FAQ
                  • 6. Re: graphic/text arch
                    Level 1
                    Eddie,

This was posted by a student of mine. The two of us did indeed search the forums, per forum rules, to search for this incident but came up with nothing.

We then searched for "text path" in the Adobe help files and did not find the information we were searching for there either.

When I decided to ask for more information, it was after having already tried numerous attempts ourselves at finding a solution and/or applying the advice found in this thread.

I will check the wiki with the student tomorrow in hopes of finding a solution.
                    • 7. Re: graphic/text arch
                      shooternz Level 6
                      Text Path or Path Text is in the After Effects : Effects > Obsolete folder in my vers of AEFX.
                      • 8. Re: graphic/text arch
                        Eddie Lotter Level 4

The Type text along a path section of the online help is broken, but you can search the PDF version of the user guide and you will find the instructions like I did. The exact phrase I provided in reply #1 will get you there, or not, I don't know how you can't find something that is there. :o

Cheers
                        Eddie

Forum FAQ
                        • 9. Re: graphic/text arch
                          Ruud Blauw Level 1
                          >The Type text along a path section of the online help is broken

It is broken in the CS3 online help, but it exists in the CS4 version: Type text along a path .
                          • 10. Re: graphic/text arch
                            Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                            I checked all this because I am often frustrated by the difficulty finding things in adobe help files. The issue here if whether Eddie's suggestion in post # 1 "path text" can be found. In the CS3 help file, it goes right to "Enter Text in Titles" which includes a section on "type text along a path." And the CS3 help file also gets there with the "text path" asked about in post #4. I also find it with "type text along a path."

Somebody must have fixed it on line.... I find all this in CS3 on line as well.
                            • 11. Re: graphic/text arch
                              the_wine_snob Level 9
                              Stanley,

I am with you on Help (F1). I'll search through a half-dozen books, before I attempt to find something in Help. Unfortunately, much of the PrP manual lists the topic, but then just says "See Help." Gosh, I miss the old days, when everything was in the manual. I guess that I'll just have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 19th Century. [Grin]

Hunt

PS to the OP, in a nutshell:

In Titler, create your Path with the Pen Tool. Choose the Text Tool with the diagonal line below the tilted "T" and click on the newly created Path. Type your Text and watch it flow. Adjust your Paragraph setting, as needed. You can use the other Text On A Path Tool (right next to the one I mentioned) to orient your Text out FROM the Path in a radial fashion.