2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2007 4:07 PM by (Anna_Haas)

Canon HV20 not showing in Premiere CS3

I just bought a Canon HV20 as a secondary camera to do some light work with HD film. Even in the SD mode it won't show in the window when doing a capture. The only thing that shows in the window is Japanese writing. It does capture the film but you have to watch the small monitor screen on the camera. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the film show in the monitor so I can do faster edits? I have tried all the various settings that Canon recommends. It seems to be some kind of a glitch in Premiere.
        • 1. Re: Canon HV20 not showing in Premiere CS3
          Level 1
          > The only thing that shows in the window is Japanese writing. It does capture the film but you have to watch the small monitor screen on the camera.

This is normal (for HDV), previewing the capture (HDV) in Premiere is not supported.

Not sure why your SD is not working. Have you set it to preview on desktop whilst capturing?

Not happy, try HDV split it captures HDV and scene detects it for you, and is FREE: http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm
          • 2. Re: Canon HV20 not showing in Premiere CS3
            Level 1
            Hi,
            Thank you for the information. I will try that program and see how that works. Guess it is frustrating to pay so much for a program like Premiere and find out that the only thing that will do what it should do in this new age of HD is a free program that does what the editing program should be able to do! Love my Adobe stuff...but sometimes arrgh!