2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2007 2:00 PM by Eddie Lotter

Odd paths in capture window

Level 1
        • 1. Re: Odd paths in capture window
          Level 1
          Just upgraded to CS3, and noticed a behavior that never occurred in 1.5.1.

When setting up a new project and designating scratch disks, the first capturing I do right after starting shows the correct paths for captured audio and video, both of which I have set to "same as project."

But when opening a previously started project, the path now has a "\\?" inserted before the disk name. Scratch disks with a fixed destination are fine, but if the drop down says "same as project," the path below now reads "\\?d:\folder\project name" instead of "d:\folder\project name" as it does the first time I capture.

Am I making sense? Anybody else come across this, and is it really an issue?

Obviously searches on the online help, wiki and FAQ turned up nothing or else I wouldn't have posted. Thanks in advance...

ag
          • 2. Re: Odd paths in capture window
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

If you are not experiencing any problems then chances are good it's not an issue. Adobe may well be using the "\\?" as some kind of internal indicator.

Cheers
            Eddie

Forum FAQ
            Premiere Pro Wiki
            - Over 250 frequently answered questions
            - Over 100 free tutorials
            - Maintained by editors like you