7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2007 10:37 PM by (Ben_VK)

slow rendering and sluggish performance...

just built a new machine for cs3 prod studio. quad core 6850, 4 gig ram, xp sp2, 150 raptor boot, 2 500 wd re2 in raid 0 for data...get the picture, all good stuff. however I'm noticing very long rendering times as well as a slight sluggishness overall in pp cs3. I'm using the onboard raid from my asus p5k as well as the onboard sound. Is that the culprit? One of my other pc's is a qx6800 with same specs however I'm using an areca sata raid card for my data and creative sb x-fi elite for sound. btw I use cineform prospect hd for my editing. now I have a 15min video with very minimal editing, just a few dissolves basically, and it is taking 3 hours to render out the hd avi which takes 10 minutes on the other pc. Also when editing the pc seemed to lag when I performed edits. and when I'd play a clip it would start then the sound cuts out for 5 secs or so then comes back on. So what should I look for 1st? I'm thinking its the onboard raid sucking, but on a brand new install I'm sure there are some tweaks I'm missing. TIA