1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2007 9:38 AM by Jeron Coolman

Adobe - Always Playing Catch-Up

Jim_Simon Level 8
      I found this clip, and though it interesting.

>"As important as the release of the EX camera itself were several related announcements. Sony Media Software is offering new support for XDCAM with the IBC-timed release of Vegas Pro 8, its in-house NLE software. From across the convention hall floor, Apple noted that Final Cut Studio 2 would offer updates later this year to support XDCAM as well. And, finally, Grass Valley/Thomson announced that Edius Pro 4.5, coming in December, would also support Sonys format. Perhaps this will help put to rest any premature speculation from user groups about weak workflow support for early EX adopters."

Now I'm not a big fan of GOP source material, so hoping Premiere will support XDCAM HD isn't my issue. The point is that a new prosumer level camera comes out in October, and by year's end, three of the five prosumer NLEs will have support for it's media.

And here is Adobe, the second largest software company on the planet, four years after the introduction of DVCPro HD, just now adding support to it's NLE. Shame, Adobe! Shame!

At this rate, AVC-Intra will have a replacement before Premiere gets to edit it.
        • 1. Re: Adobe - Always Playing Catch-Up
          Jeron Coolman Level 1
          > And here is Adobe, the second largest software company on the planet, four years after the introduction of DVCPro HD, just now adding support to it's NLE. Shame, Adobe! Shame!

> At this rate, AVC-Intra will have a replacement before Premiere gets to edit it.

QFT

If Adobe wants professionals to get serious about Premiere Pro, then Adobe needs to get serious about media.