4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2007 8:10 AM by Eddie Lotter

Exporting Help

I am pretty new to all this. I am working on a documentary and I am capturing from Canon HV20 shooting in HDV. In Premiere CS3 I start a new project and select HDV 1080i30 (60i)

The files looking great in the source and project monitors. I can see in the project window the captured files are 1440x1080 (1:33) The problem is when I go to export. No matter what I try it all looks bad.

I can find very few settings which will let me export at 1440x1080. Most of them are 720 or lower.

I need to export so that the edited sequence is the same qaulity as what I have on the tape. Can anyone please recommend some export settings so I can export to disk, tape or DVD without lossing so much quality and keeping the high resolution I shot it on?

Thanks for helping
        • 1. Re: Exporting Help
          Level 1
          > I can export to disk, tape or DVD without lossing so much quality and keeping the high resolution I shot it on?

That's standard definition for you, sucks hey? Unless you burn to Blu Ray there is no way you are going to keep your original quality.

You can export to a WMV with very good results but as far as getting it on disc there is only DVD and Blu Ray.

Have you used the Adobe Media Encoder when you export?
          • 2. Re: Exporting Help
            Level 1
            I don't even have an option when I try to export to disk for Windows Media Player. Strange, because I have pinnacle 11 and it does (Windows Media HDV 1080)and does a pretty good job of exporting to disk.

However, after searching the web I found out that it appears Premiere will not (as you said) export to disk, but I did an export to tape and it recorded it back to HV20 without any noticable loss. So, for now I guess that's the way to go.

If there is anyway to add codecs to CS3 I would like to know about it.
            • 3. Re: Exporting Help
              Level 1
              Premiere CS3 comes bundled with Encore which can author Blu Ray.

There are options for WMV export at 1080 look for it.

> If there is anyway to add codecs to CS3 I would like to know about it.

Not recommended. Unless it is something like Raylight or Cineform.
              • 4. Re: Exporting Help
                Eddie Lotter Level 4
                >I don't even have an option when I try to export to disk for Windows Media Player.

Adobe Media Encoder format options

Cheers
                Eddie

Forum FAQ
                Premiere Pro Wiki
                - Over 250 frequently answered questions
                - Over 100 free tutorials
                - Maintained by editors like you