1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 15, 2007 8:42 AM by (Pericles_Lewnes)

More weirdness from the CS3 time warp

I've applied the Time Warp effect at 50% to several adjacent clips in a timeline which works fine in all of them save two. In those clips the motion is jerky because if you scroll slowly ahead it plays a frame, then goes backward a bit, then what appears to be a full frame ahead, then back a bit. This repeats for the duration of the clip.

I tried copying the effect from a good sequence and applying it to the faulty one, thinking I may have an errant parameter in the bad one somewhere. No soap. It's still wrong. So I import the footage that has the problem into a new project and apply the time warp effect. No problem.

Back to the original project. I check the field dominance... not modified, and I check "Speed/Duration" which is set to 100% as it should be. Completely befuddled, I delete the Time Warp from the two offending clips, change the Speed to 50% and re-trim. It's all good.

What really confuses me is why this happened. Has anyone else seen this? If so, is there a way to fix it, or is it just another Time Warp bug? (I've already found one.)

System is:
      3.0 GHz Dual Core Athlon
      3 GB RAM
      Windows Vista
      HW and SW up to date

I don't mean for this to sound like a rant on the TW, but I'm trying to find out if others have seen this or if it's only my own ineptitude. If I were a betting man I'd put money on the latter.

Thanks.