5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2009 11:04 AM by the_wine_snob

Timeline (no sequences)?

Level 1
      Ocassionally I'll open up an existing project with 2 or 3 sequences and the timeline window will add about 4 more tabs titled, "Timeline (no sequences). I close them, resave my project but this happens again about every 4th or 5th time I reload the project.
        • 1. Re: Timeline (no sequences)?
          Level 1
          I've also noticed that if I close all my sequence tabs on the timeline, they can only be reopened by double-clicking on them when the project window is in "list" view. Nothing happens when in icon view.

Anybody else notice this?
          • 2. Re: Timeline (no sequences)?
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

I just tested that. I can open a sequence from icon view by double-clicking on it.

I seem to recall previous posts about multiple empty timelines. Was this project originally created in 2.0 or earlier?

Cheers
            Eddie

Forum FAQ
            Premiere Pro Wiki
            - Over 250 frequently answered questions
            - Over 100 free tutorials
            - Maintained by editors like you
            • 3. Re: Timeline (no sequences)?
              Level 1
              This project was created in 3.0

You can replicate this by changing the double-click properties (Preferences\General) for bins to: "Open in Place". Folders will open up in place (like they did in 2.0) but double-clicking any sequence doesn't set focus to the corresponding timeline when in Icon view.

I can live with this but I'm still trying to figure out the empty sequences on the timeline though.
              • 4. Re: Timeline (no sequences)?
                MaxDBWP Level 1

Somewhere I read that this is a bug in Premiere, and I hope they fix it. Everytime I open a project I get at least 2 sometimes 3 empty un-named sequences. I am working on a project now with several Multi-Cam sequencies and when I re-open the project only the sequence that I was editing in when I last saved out opens any other one's are closed and replaced with empty un-named sequences.

Anyone at Adobe have anything on this? Hello? Anyone? Bueller?

Dennis

• 5. Re: Timeline (no sequences)?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                  Anyone at Adobe have anything on this? Hello? Anyone? Bueller?

Dennis,

Unfortunately, last time that I checked, the only hint of an Adobe presence here was that little red A at the upper-left of the forum.

You will need to contact Adobe with a Bug Report, to get their attention. We are but lowly users in this forum.

Good luck,

Hunt