9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2007 3:37 PM by Leonard King

Adobe Censorship!!

Level 1
      The thread "WHY IS ADOBE ALWAYS LAST?" has been censored by the moderators who moved it to the lounge which I can't access. The reason they moved it is because I used large caps in a sentence. The reason I can't access it is because I was censored before.

Moving the thread to the lounge is a great way to keep attention away from the Adobe shortcomings.

Why is Adobe always last?

While I test Vegas, I'm still waiting for Adobe to tell us what they plan to do about X.D CAM EX!!!
        • 1. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          > to the lounge which I can't access.

Might there be a reason for that?
          • 2. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
            Level 1
            > While I test Vegas, I'm still waiting for Adobe to tell us what they plan to do about X.D CAM EX!!!

Phone them and ask.
            File a feature request.
            Wait.
            Repeat process.
            Hope.
            • 3. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
              Mortimer IOU Level 2
              Gee, I think this thread should also be in the Lounge. But I'll wait until it reaches twenty posts, to give everyone an opportunity to vent without repeating the same thing too many times.

I'm kind of thinking that, for the future, any thread addressing technical issues does not need more than twenty posts to cover all the aspects.

Just for the record, the original thread was moved to the Lounge because that is where it belongs after 267 post of mostly non-technical discussion. I do grant that the shouting got my attention, but whose fault is that, really?

I should also remind everyone that the Adobe Forum Posting Guidelines apply to the Lounge as much as to the main forum. Everyone who has the self-discipline to follow the Adobe Forum Posting Guidelines is welcome everywhere.
              • 4. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                >moved it to the lounge which I can't access

That's interesting... I was not aware that registered users could be locked out of an individual area

But, as was noted, there might just be a reason for that
                • 5. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
                  Level 1
                  Personally, I'm disappointed to see the original thread moved to the lounge. I thought for 95% of the posts, the thread was on-topic and people were doing a good job of tackling the issue from various vantage points. Even if occasional caps were used.

It really was one of the best threads that has been on this board in awhile. I would lobby, if given a vote, to restore it back to the main section and perhaps just remove the 1 or 2 messages that the moderators found offending.

That thread really is an important one, IMHO.
                  • 6. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
                    Mortimer IOU Level 2
                    No reason the conversation can't continue in the Lounge. No one is locked out of WHY IS ADOBE ALWAYS LAST?

If that isn't the case, let me know.
                    • 7. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
                      Gary Andrew Level 1
                      Sorry In my opinion moving the thread to the lounge was an inappropriate use of moderator powers. While I couldn't care less about the subject matter being discussed in the thread it was more than a valid subject for this section.

"I'm kind of thinking that, for the future, any thread addressing technical issues does not need more than twenty posts to cover all the aspects."

Whatever...
                      • 8. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
                        John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                        Message threads that stay on the technical subject should stay in the technical area... but the sad truth is that "passionate" subjects tend to stray, or get into name calling, and there is only so much freedom that can, or should, be given
                        • 9. Re: Adobe Censorship!!
                          Level 1
                          Speaking of which, I think this matter's been resolved. The original thread still exists, Mobutu can add to it to maintain the rage, all's well with the world.

This thread, however, has ceased to add anything of worth to the debate.

Thread locked. Feel free to continue the conversation here.