8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2007 4:44 PM by (Jeff_Schell)

Computer Requirements for Premiere

I've never edited before. I have a high interest in creating short clips :15 - 3:00 worth of video. SD Video with possibility of HD. I have no prior knowledge so I'm vary cautious in purchasing a computer and this new premeire. I have a few Questions that hopefully someone can help shed some light on.

1. Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHZ processor - 4 GB DDR2 Memory - EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Graphics Card. --- Is this sufficient for running the program seemlessly. I know minimum requirements are only 1GB for SD, but I was more concerned with graphics card and processor handling tasks easily.

2. I'm really worried about getting a Hard Drive that is fast enough to handle this program. Seagate Barracuda 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Will this do the trick, or do I need to go up to 10,000 RPM?

3. Most importantly - I'm worried about getting Adobe Certified Cards. Is it necessary to have a Card? (When I say card I mean like Matrox Axio, not sure if "card" is the correct way to refer to it.) Can I manage to import video and use Premiere without it? I'm not even quite sure what the purpose of the card is for.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated. This is probably stupid questions to ask in this forum, but you all know what is best and I would like to avoid spending money on a program if I don't have all the necessary components to take advantage of the program.

Thanks,

nofx1727