This content has been marked as final. Show 16 replies
That takes the prize for most useless post I've ever seen on this forum.
On behalf of all other "Prize" winners I thank you! I couldn't have got this award if it wasn't for the support and help of all the little people!!!
> "...and help of all the little people!!!..."
Not a useless post. Unless your footage is chock-full of effects, resized, and HD, and your machine is super slow, then 1.5 hours is not acceptable.
Even if you had checked "Maximum Render Quality" in your fly-out menu that's too long, regardless if you used the Render Files option or not.
But we do need more info: system specs, source files, sequence settings, export settings, codecs etc.
The computer I exported on is a Q6600, 2GB Ram running Vista 64 bit.
I was exporting a background only that was later put behind text.
The first 36 seconds of the timeline was two overlaid (near maximum size with motion) PSD's with the top opacity set to 40%. There was a preset effect-fast blur in and fast blur out.
The remaining 3 minutes of the video was a still (no motion at all) composited on the timeline of a PSD on layer 2 set to 38% opacity over Premiere standard Black video.
It's a mystery to me why the export took 1 1/2 hours. Rendering the timeline took about 17 minutes.
What is the size of your stills?
Not sure if its the same issue that was addressed in this thread:
I had problems with media encoder hanging whenever I used Premiere's black video, or left the timeline blank. I also had problems with using a black frame created in photoshop. What worked for me was creating black video in After Effects and exporting it as a quicktime. I then used this in my timeline under any titles or where ever i just wanted black. With this small change, there are no hangups, and Encoding goes as expected. Maybe for your timeline you need to put a layer of actual black video under all your images?
In the other thread there is also a suggestion from Jeff to put a single opacity keyframe at the beginning of your title/images. Maybe that will work for you. Good luck!
One image that lasted about 20 seconds at the beginning of the background video was maximum width - 4096 x 1085. The rest were just under 3000 pixels wide.
For me selecting "Use Preview Files" gives me an acceptable quick export time. This one time I forgot to use preview files, just had me scratching my head why this type of export takes so long.
Charles, sorry if you took my joke wrong. No offense, just your original question was something nobody could ever help you with because you gave no information about your footage, computer, settings. We try to help people and it's written in bold everywhere to give details so we tend to play around with people who basically ask "it's not working why?"
So no offense. How long did it take to render your preview files? Less the difference when you tell AME to 'use preview files for render'?
No offense taken.
Adobe has a few issues to work out with CS4. Overall, I am satisfied with the product though. Four of our recent corporate videos ran today from DVD to a small audience of around 300. Although I prefer to export show masters to DV cam, in this case, the DVD's played flawlessly.
My main worry with new editing software is that some software glitch will cause flaws in the final output. None of us can afford to have that happen. Flaws could have, in fact been introduced if I had used Gaussian blur with stills in any of these videos. Adobe needs to fix the issue of Gaussian blur jitter.
The thing about DV AVI NTSC export taking so long when not using render files is also an Adobe issue. The work-around is to just select "Use Render Files" from the drop-down.
My original post here was just to blow off some steam. Tight deadlines can be frustrating enough without fighting with the software as well.
Also guys, when the budget calls for DVD show masters, save yourself some headaches and use "Verbatim" brand DVD media. After speaking with several video professionals and a busy duplicating house, they all concur, Verbatim is the brand that causes the least amount of playback related headaches.
I suggest that the size of the "stills" are the cause of the long render/export time.
What was the file size of the first one for example?
Did they need to be that size for any reason?
What was the project dimension?
>Verbatim is the brand that causes the least amount of playback related headaches.
I used to agree, but recently I've been turned on to Falcon Media disks, which turn out fewer errors than not only Verbatim, but even the pressed Hollywood disks I own. In well over 200 disks shipped to clients so far, not a one had come back with issues.
I just spoke with the duplicating house we deal with. They confirmed that Falcon Media, Verbatim, Imation and Fuji brands have been dependable in their experience.
They stressed two media brands to avoid are Memorex and Maxell.
I concur with the Memorex data.
It also seems that TDK might have taken the track of Memorex. Once, it was considered a good provider, but reports of mixed mfgrs. in the same spindle have been surfacing.
I am about to purchase more blanks, and will take Jim's recommendation on Falcon. If they offer the media that I need, I'll acquire some. For whatever reason, I trust Jim! [Grin]
Hi. I have a 20minute video on my timeline and I left it to render at MPEG2 1440 x 1080i last night.
11 hours later its only half rendered with 16 hours remaining.
Now I have magic bullet effects on all the clips but seriously, it shouldn't take more than one earth day to render that!
I have Quad Core, 4Gb Ram, 256Mb graphics card on Vista.