4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 12:20 PM by Bill Gehrke

Two New CS4 Errors

(Sherif_Osman) Level 1
      In addition to the "ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped working" error message that I get each and every time that I open my Premiere CS4 project, I now have had two new error messages and problems that are preventing me from getting anything done. Here they are:

"Premiere Pro has encountered an error. [..\..\Src\RemoteImporterModule.cpp-251]"

AND

"File Import Failure
      Error Message
      File video dimensions (width/ height) too large."

The second error message is an infuriating one because CS4 won't let me work with my MPG files without giving me problems so I converted my MPG file into an AVI file. The MPG file is 720 x 480 and after being converted to an AVI file, the AVI file is also 720 x 480 (exact same size)!

The MPG file is in my project already. So how can the AVI file be too large when it is identical in size to the MPG file that is already in my project?

Is CS4 just a collection of bugs?

I want to trade this time wasting piece of junk in for CS3.

Sherif Osman
        • 1. Re: Two New CS4 Errors
          Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant
          Well I guess I am not the only one having a problem with the "....RemoteImporterModule.cpp-251". I got a stock Adobe answer:

1. Try a new user login.

2. Reinstall Quicktime

3. Upgrade audio and video drivers.

None of which worked. Here is what I found (without solving the problem). Reinstalling Premiere did not help. For me it appears to be just standard definition timeline rendering related. The same SD file that causes a problem on one computer does not on another. The same file will render in CS3 but not in CS4.

Sherif, are you sure that converted your MPEG to a type 2 AVI file?
          • 2. Re: Two New CS4 Errors
            I get the same error message. When I try to load a project that was created in CS3 or raw footage that was captured in CS3, I get the same error message - "Premiere Pro has encountered an error. [..\..\Src\RemoteImporterModule.cpp-251]" .

My footage is HD and it was working fine in CS3. As usual Adobe support provided lame solutions. I guess once they have your money they do not care anymore. I am switching back to CS3.
            • 3. Re: Two New CS4 Errors
              Level 1
              Can you try this and let us know if it works?

From David Newman at Cineform December 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM

You need to remove the im-CFHD_File_Import.prm file from

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS4\MediaCore
              and
              C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm Then CS4 works.
              • 4. Re: Two New CS4 Errors
                Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant
                David Newman and others. Deleting the file from the Media Core folder got rid of my problem when on the computer when trying to open a SD project in CS4