2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2009 11:41 AM by Jim_Simon

MAC - Audio Out of Sync

Using CS4 for MAC
      Editing on 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, with 3 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM (Memory)
      Running Mac OS X Version 10.5.6
      Capturing Video Via Firewire Using a Sony DV Deck (Model HVR-M15U)
      Capturing in Premiere Using Scene Detect. After capturing video, I have noticed that 1. It captures as one video clip and then separates the video into separate clips. After putting clips onto the timeline I have noticed that everything has become out of sync. 2. When having used CS3 prior on Windows and having used scene detect, premiere separated the clips as it was capturing the video (no audio sync issues) 3. After getting everything in sync, and then using Dynamic Link to send it to Encore, the video once again gets out of sync.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this a Mac Only Issue? If so, do I need to switch back to the PC version CS4? Any comments of suggestions are apreaiated
        • 1. Re: MAC - Audio Out of Sync
          Bob Ramage Level 1
          I had the problem with CS3 on the Mac, but not CS4. Audio sync seemed to get knocked out of sync by glitches at the beginning of the tape and Premiere didn't recognize there was a problem. My solution was to advance the tape to the 30-second point and capture from there, well away from defects common near the beginning of DV tape. If there was anything critical in that first 30-second portion I captured it separately.

Yes the Mac version handles scene detect differently. It creates subclips from one master clip.
          • 2. Re: MAC - Audio Out of Sync
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            >If there was anything critical in that first 30-second portion

A good rule of thumb is to record bars over the first 30 seconds of any new tape.