3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2009 9:35 PM by Eddie Lotter

OpenGL 1.5 support

Hi,

Is anyone having any luck running Premiere Pro CS4 with a graphics card (Intel Express 965M) that supports OpenGL 1.5?

I'm getting no video in the source or program windows and after a lot of messing around and upgrading think it's probably the graphics card's fault.

System requirements say OpenGL 2.0 so I'm wondering if 1.5 is a non-starter or if the problems might lie elsewhere.

Cheers
        • 1. Re: OpenGL 1.5 support
          Eddie Lotter Level 4
          >I'm wondering if 1.5 is a non-starter

Absolutely, however you may need only upgrade your driver to get 2.0, just do a bit of research.

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
          - Over 300 frequently answered questions
          - Over 250 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: OpenGL 1.5 support
            Level 1
            Eddie,

Thanks! Turns out Intel has newer drivers than Lenovo offers. I installed those and all my problems appear to be gone. Now, finally I can start learning this software.

For others looking at this in the future, here's how:

Go to the Intel site and use the application there to automatically check your chipset and find the newest driver. Then download the zip file version of the driver package (the exe version includes a routine that checks the PC-type and will reject Lenovo PCs because the file isn't from Lenovo).

Unzip the file.

Go into Control Panel and uninstall your current graphics drivers, reboot and when Windows finds the graphics card do the manual install and tell Windows to look for drivers among the unzipped files.

Should install from there!

Cheers.
            • 3. Re: OpenGL 1.5 support
              Eddie Lotter Level 4
              >Thanks! [...] Now, finally I can start learning this software.

You're welcome. You will find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
              Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
              - Over 300 frequently answered questions
              - Over 250 free tutorials
              - Maintained by editors like you
              Forum FAQ