13 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2010 9:57 AM by the_wine_snob

install demo error

hi i am using vista and thought i would try premiere cs4 demo. i have encore premiere and photoshop cs3 already. i tried to install it and keep getting this

one or more required components of adobe premiere pro cs4 failed to install correctly

Adobe premiere cs4 and encore cs4 dont install any help here.
        • 1. Re: install demo error
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          Have you "extracted" the archive file (if you downloaded from Adobe), prior to attempting to install. I do not mean just "expanding" the archive file, but actually "extracting" all files and folders (keep the folder structure, should there be one).

Now, if you ordered the trial DVD version, you might try making a copy of the DVD contents to your Desktop and launching the installer from there.

Having previous versions of Premiere installed should not have any bearing on installing either the trial, or the purchased versions of CS4.

If you do get it to work, purchase CS4 and install that, then go to remove CS3, be aware that you might then have to reinstall CS4, as some components are removed with the removal of CS3. Just something to remember, should you get to that point.

Good luck,

Hunt
          • 2. Re: install demo error
            Level 1
            yes i have extracted it. i used winrar.
            • 3. Re: install demo error
              the_wine_snob Level 9
              So you are installing from a download. Did the failed install write a "log" file, maybe in the same folder, that you are installing from? Could be some info there, as to which components did not install properly.

I'm not sure how Adobe handles install issues of "trial" software. For the full version, install issues are free. Just do not know about trial version.

You also might want to do a search of this forum for "install" issues, with some of the keywords from your error message. There have been issues, but might not help you. Still, some tidbit may.

BTW, you DID turn off
              b ALL
              AV, pop-up blocker and anti-spyware programs first, right? You do have full administrative privledges set, right? Can you install from Safe Mode?

Just thinking there,

Hunt
              • 4. Re: install demo error
                Level 1
                safe mode does not work either. i get an error right off the bat. i have tried all i use is firefox (says i have to close it before i install) and ad-aware and zone alarm. i shut down zonealarm but ad aware is always off. i am going to try and redownload the triel from adobe's website again. it says the programs that fialed to install were adobe premiere cs4 and adobe encore cs4

Adobe Media Encoder CS4
                Error:
                Error 1603. Fatal error during installation.

that is what i see when i click more information
                • 5. Re: install demo error
                  Level 1
                  can i get any help BILL HUNT? i posted what it says when i click on more information. thanks
                  • 6. Re: install demo error
                    Harm Millaard Level 7
                    Contact Adobe TS.
                    • 7. Re: install demo error
                      the_wine_snob Level 9
                      Volcano,

I wish that I could help. I agree with Harm, that the time has come for Adobe TS. I'm out of ideas.

Might get lucky with something like this:
                      http://www.error-repair-tools.com/ppc/index.php?t=1603&gclid=CKSU48HK-JgCFSIgDQodMltang

Or this:
                      http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=rb_1603

Hunt

[Edit] One more:
                      http://www.symantec.com/community/article/2658/error-1603-fatal-error-during-installation
                      • 8. Re: install demo error
                        MrHetfield

I have same problem. I have Win7 Ultimate x32 and I have already installed Photoshop CS4 Trial and can't install PremiereCS4 Trial. installer says "Adobe Media Encoder CS4 Error: Error 1603. Fatal error during installation"

• 9. Re: install demo error
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Here is a basic CHECKLIST for installing most Adobe programs.

Do you see anything there (other than the "wiggly dance") that you did not do?

Installation issues are all too common, trial or full-paid. I think that Adobe might wish to look into the installation modules more closely. Too many issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: install demo error
                            MrHetfield Level 1

I've found solution. I've just uninstalled PhotoshopCS4 Trial ( well I've tried it thanks to Adobe! ) and I've installed PremiereCS4 with no problems. and I had very low space on the disc C so it could be a problem. also I disabled antivirus and firewall so that could be a problem too.

• 11. Re: install demo error
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Low space on the C:\ is a real problem, both for installing and then for running. One should not allow the free space to get below about 25%. You do have multiple, physical HDD's don't you? I'd clean up the C:\ and make sure to properly allocate the other HDD's (physical and NOT partitions).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: install demo error
                                rockethead123

don't want to start a new thread, so will ask here.

i just switched computers and i cannot install my Premiere CS4. It scans my system config and then says "Setup Error: Setup has encountered an error and cannot continue. Contact Adobe Customer Support for assistance."

I've tried Adobe TS before and don't have two hours to kill.

does having PS installed first affect the Premiere installation since they share some media components?

I'm running Win 7, disabled Webroot AV, have plenty or hd space, etc.

Any ideas?  Thanks

• 13. Re: install demo error
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE is a general installation checklist for most Adobe programs. Usually, the main issues are Security settings, not running as Administrator, or trying to install on other than C:\. That's the short list.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - remember the "wiggly dance" must go clockwise!