This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
I'd go with CS4 myself.
CS3 full version or CS4 academic version?
I will only use Premiere Pro for YouTube videos, nothing major.
...and if you were asking me I would say...avoid CS4 like the plague if you wish to use it in a professional environment.
I gave it a second chance with a full reinstall and update (over new drivers etc..). Invested (wasted) a whole day on it.
Crash , crash , crash...back on the shelf.
Meantime CS3 is stable with same media files and rocks on like it always has for me on the same hardware. CS2 is just as stable on a different machine.
>if you wish to use it in a professional environment.
>I will only use Premiere Pro for YouTube videos
Go with CS4...working great for me, and I'm using it in a professional environment.
What kind of computer are you using CS4 on? PPro hasn't ever crashed on you??
I'm mulling over the same dilema. The problem is that if I go with CS3, which I know is stable, then if they get the bugs worked out of CS4 a couple of months from now and I decide I'd like to have it, then I'm assuming I'd have to pay yet another $300 upgrade. If you can wait, I would give CS4 some time. My guess is that there will be patches available for it in the coming months that will fix the problems people are now experiencing. Either that or go ahead and grab CS4 now and hope that it works for you. Some people seem to be doing okay with it.