3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 12:13 PM by Jeff Bellune

decode THIS

EH....?
      I regularly check for updates under Premiere's HELP drop down menu (a great feature...in theory at least). Unfortunately, every time I do it lists MEDIA ENCODE CS4.0.1.

The problem is, I have already installed this update which, incidentally,
      does little to improve its poor performance (It continues to crash, freeze, tease and in general fail to do its job in ever-expanding ways and means.)

And yes, I have checked out the massive work-around posting for the two to three dozen ways I can bend like a pretzel to coax a performance out of the applet, but mostly I pray.

But what's it all about that Adobe lists the Media Encoder update SC4.0.1 every single time I take advantage of Adobe's 'helpful' update search short cut? At 60.1 GB, I might add that it is a fair sized down load and activation.

Considering my experiences of the Media Encoder (shared by so many other Media Encoder users, to judge from other postings), the question is can we move on and get it RIGHT in a SC4.0.2?
        • 1. Re: decode THIS
          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
          Does the AME 4.01 update show up on the right side of the dialog as already having been installed?

I know this is a stupid question, but I have to ask. I fell for this a couple of times myself.

-Jeff
          • 2. Re: decode THIS
            EH....? Level 1
            Just ran the routine and actually, it does. Perhaps Adobe should emphasize this notice (maybe in red or bold letters), especially since it will re-install the update if you choose to install.

I hope Adobe is listening to the despairing voices of those of us who need Media Encoder (a good idea gone very... very wrong) because its CS4.0.1 update does little to ease the pain.
            • 3. Re: decode THIS
              Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional
              >I hope Adobe is listening to the despairing voices of those of us who need Media Encoder (a good idea gone very... very wrong) because its CS4.0.1 update does little to ease the pain.

Various sources around the web seem to indicate that the eagerly anticipated 4.02 update is being rolled into a 4.1 update that is supposed to available around NAB.

We shall see.