8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2009 3:46 PM by the_wine_snob

Weird sound problem!!

Hello!
      i got a new editing station in my work place.
      with primiere cs 4 on pc xp.

When we sample videos we hear sound,when we open the videos in media player and stuff we can hear sound,
      but when we open it in primiere there is no sound! not in the project and not in the timeline!
      but if we open music track or a video clip in primiere the sound is working.
      the only thing that dosent work is the sound in the videos were sample only in the primiere.

what can be the problem??
      please help me.. :)

Thnk u!!!
        • 1. Re: Weird sound problem!!
          akribie Level 2
          What is the format/CODEC of your video clips?
          • 2. Re: Weird sound problem!!
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            More simply put, where did you get the clips that have no sound?
            • 3. Re: Weird sound problem!!
              I'm having the same problem in CS4- with mpgs imported directly from my Sony camera. Previous files imported just fine. Footage I shot in November doesn't work, while footage I shot in January works fine. Then Footage I just shot last week doesn't work.

No rhyme or reason to me... what can it be?
              • 4. Re: Weird sound problem!!
                GKrieck

Hi,

Did anyone of the readers of this subject already found a sollution for this problem??

I'd be very thankfull for the sollution.

• 5. Re: Weird sound problem!!
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

My guess would be that in Phillip's case, a setting on the camera changed between shooting session #1, #2 and then back in #3. That, or some problem with the Import/Capture between the sessions.

Now, for your issue. Please give us the details of your source footage, your Project/Sequence settings, and whether the Audio plays in a player, or maybe the Source monitor. The more detail, the better. If you need to get details on the AV files, G-Spot will help you. A screen-cap of G-Spot with one of the files loaded will be very helpful. Details of camera make/model and Import/Capture method might yield some clues too.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Weird sound problem!!
                    GKrieck Level 1

Hunt,

I tried to convert the m2ts file to an mp3 file with Xilisoft Video convertor and added the mp3's in the audio timeline of the video. This worked right.

Afterwards I got the idea that I had copied the video files on my new portable from an external hard drive. When I recopied the videofiles from the external drive and imported them in Premiere Elements, they kept their audio when putting them on the timeline.

I sometimes call this 'the wonderfull world of computer science' meaning that with computers little changes or differences can make the difference between working and not working.

Thanx for you help.

• 7. Re: Weird sound problem!!
                      Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

I had copied the video files on my new portable from an external hard drive. When I recopied the videofiles from the external drive and imported them in Premiere Elements, they kept their audio when putting them on the timeline.

This might work for Premiere Pro too.  Thanks for posting your solution.

-Jeff

• 8. Re: Weird sound problem!!
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        This might work for Premiere Pro too.

It certainly might, and I'd be quick to try it. There is a lot of commonality between the two programs, as would be expected.

One thing that I have observed, however, is that PrE is more lenient with regards to file formats, etc., than is PrPro. I actually have PrE for that one reason - it's a conversion tool, for certain files. I'll Import these into PrE, and immediately Export as DV-AVI Type II's for real work in PrPro.

Hunt