3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2009 1:11 PM by (Joe_Premiere)

Timecodes? SO FRUSTRATED HELP.

Alright, I'm a huge fan of Adobe and this problem that I'm having is making me want to throw my computer out the window.

I screen captured lots of footage of me editing something in photoshop. And now I need to import all of the footage into premiere and speed it up and fancy it up. I've been working on it just fine for a while now. Minor issues that I have all the time or things I forget to do. But, now as I try to import this new clip for whatever reason it will cut the duration down from 17:00 down to 3:30. The video file is 17 minutes long and when it is imported into premiere it slices off everything from 3:30 inward. I can not think of any logical reason why this might be happening. This is blowing my mind and aggravating me to no end.

PLEASE HELP.

Upon further investigation, I've realized that every clip I import at this point is reduced down to a seemingly random length.
        • 1. Re: Timecodes? SO FRUSTRATED HELP.
          akribie Level 2
          Maybe the CODEC you used for screen capture is not recognised fully by Premiere?

Give more detail of your clips and timeline settings and maybe someone will spot the issue here.
          • 2. Re: Timecodes? SO FRUSTRATED HELP.
            Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            I agree with David's suggestion. I am confused about what you did, and it might help to make that clear in your next post as well.

> I screen captured ....

Via some movie screen capture software, or via print screen or some sort of stills. If movie capture, what program; what codec?

> I've been working on it just fine for a while now.

Meaning, you have been importing into PPro and working on it without problem?

> now as I try to import this new clip

Is this new clip new in any way other than that it is the first time it has been imported into PPro? Check it for frame rate, codec, etc.
            • 3. Re: Timecodes? SO FRUSTRATED HELP.
              >But, now as I try to import this new clip for whatever reason it will cut the duration down from 17:00 down to 3:30

Where did you make this clip that you imported?