3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 8:25 AM by Eddie Lotter Branched to a new discussion.

AVCHD Metadata

chriscorcoran
      I just imported a whole bunch of mts files into CS4 and I wanted to sort them by file date/time but I don't see that as an option in the metadata.

I clearly see the file creation date on my windows PC (ie via explorer) but I cannot figure out how to get it displayed in CS4 so I can sort on it.

Any suggestions?

Chris
        • 1. Re: AVCHD Metadata
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

Click on the fly-out menu on the Project Panel and choose Metadata Display. Expand the Basic node and place a check mark next to Date Modified.

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
          - Over 300 frequently answered questions
          - Over 250 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: AVCHD Metadata
            chriscorcoran Level 1
            Thanks Eddie. I tried that, but the date modified is actually blank in the display.

Even when I expand the file data in Premiere and look at all the basic and metadata properties the dates (created and modified are blank).

I'm wondering if it has something to do with te mts file format?

Chris
            • 3. Re: AVCHD Metadata
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

Hmm, that's disappointing. When I had a look at this in one of my projects I noticed that the Created Date was blank, but the Modified Date was correct.

I was hoping PPro was getting that info from the file system, but from what you say it sounds like it works entirely from metadata.

Do clips in formats other than mts show what you want?

Cheers
              Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
              - Over 300 frequently answered questions
              - Over 250 free tutorials
              - Maintained by editors like you
              Forum FAQ