2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2008 6:40 AM by ssailer

Fireworks CS3 or CS4 and Vista 64 bit O.S.

ssailer Level 1
      Frist if all, I know that Adobe does not test in a 64 bit systems for DW and FW. Personally, I think this is strange. All the new machines coming out are 64 bit. I can't even find 32 bit systmes in most of my Best Buy stores locally anymore and I need a new machine. So ... my question is - is there anybody out there who is running Fireworks CS3 OR CS4 in Vista on a 64 bit system? If so, were there any "special" tricks you had to do to get it to work? I need to upgrade and I'm so surprised that Adobe isn't keeping up with the trends on this one...
        • 1. Re: Fireworks CS3 or CS4 and Vista 64 bit O.S.
          Level 7
          I am running CS3 on Vista 64bit. No problems that I can see so far.
          alex

ssailer wrote:
          > Frist if all, I know that Adobe does not test in a 64 bit systems for DW and
          > FW. Personally, I think this is strange. All the new machines coming out are
          > 64 bit. I can't even find 32 bit systmes in most of my Best Buy stores locally
          > anymore and I need a new machine. So ... my question is - is there anybody out
          > there who is running Fireworks CS3 OR CS4 in Vista on a 64 bit system? If so,
          > were there any "special" tricks you had to do to get it to work? I need to
          > upgrade and I'm so surprised that Adobe isn't keeping up with the trends on
          > this one...
          >
          • 2. Re: Fireworks CS3 or CS4 and Vista 64 bit O.S.
            ssailer Level 1
            Thanks, Alex. What about Extension Manager? I heard there were issues with Extension Manager working in a 64 bit system.