7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2013 4:39 PM by flatform

Maximum Bit Depth /Maximum Render Quality  Questions

Editwiz
      Maximum Bit Depth
      If my project contains high-bit-depth assets generated by high-definition camcorders, I was told to select Maximum Bit Depth because Adobe Premiere Pro uses all the color information in these assets when processing effects or generating preview files. I'm capturing HDV using the Matrox RTX-2 Hardware in Matrox AVI format.

When I finally export my project using Adobe Media Encoder CS4, will selecting Maximum Bit Depth provide better color resolution once I post to Blu-ray format?

Maximum Render Quality
      I was told that by using Maximum Render Quality, I maintain sharp detail when scaling from large formats to smaller formats, or from high-definition to standard-definition formats as well as maximizes the quality of motion in rendered clips and sequences. It also renders moving assets more sharply. It's my understanding that at maximum quality, rendering takes more time, and uses more RAM than at the default normal quality. I'm running Vista 64 Bit with 8 GIGs of RAM so I'm hoping to take advantage of this feature.

Will this also help to improve better resolution when I finally export my project using Adobe Media Encoder CS4 and post to Blu-ray format?

Does it look like I have the specs to handle Maximum Bit Depth and Maximum Render Quality when creating a new HDV project with the support of the Matrox RTX 2 Hardware capturing in Matrox AVI format? See Below Specs.

System Specs
      Case: Coolmaster-830
      Op System: Vista Ultima 64 Bit
      Edit Suite: Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium Line Upgrade
      Adobe Premiere Pro CS 4.0.1 update before installing RT.X2 Card and 4.0 tools
      Performed updates on all Adobe Production Premium Products as of 03/01/2009
      Matrox RTX2 4.0 Tools
      Main Display: Dell 3007 30"
      DVI Monitor: Dell 2408WFP 24"
      MB: ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel X38
      Display Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 Toxic ver.
      PS: Corsair|CMPSU-1000HX 1000W
      CPU: INTEL Quad Core Q9650 3G
      MEM: 2Gx4|Corsair TW3X4G1333C9DHXR DDR3 (8 Gigs Total)
      1 Sys Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB
      Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
      2 Raid 0: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Using Intel's integrared Raid Controller on MB