4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 8:11 AM by Rueberm

Audio to Text

sydmanz
      The new audio to text capability of Premiere CS4 is stunning.

I do not use a lot of video so I cannot justify purchasing Premiere for a single function - that being audio conversion to editable text.

Does anyone know of a Mac based application that can do this?
        • 1. Re: Audio to Text
          kandyandrew

No direct sales allowed

Message was edited by: Jerry.K

• 2. Re: Audio to Text
            Harm Millaard Level 7
            get free trial offers with pricing as $10 per hour of our efforts.

That does not sound like free, but maybe something went lost in the transscription.

• 3. Re: Audio to Text
              Mortimer IOU Level 2

Item number 1 was edited because direct sales advertising is not allowed on these forums.

• 4. Re: Audio to Text
                Rueberm Level 1

I have not been too impressed with the Audio to Text function.  It is able to recognize common words but it is unable to recognize much else.  I just got the Sprint HTC Hero and my phone does a better job.  I needed to look up contact information for a local AD agency I work for I simply said "edgecore" and it found it without a space and without any training.  I would think you can find something like Dragon Natural Speech online that would work better.  I am not sure how a mac uses the audio mixer but on a PC you can select your speaker out as an input.  So you would have the speech to text program open and your video player at the same time.