15 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2009 3:50 AM by desports

Capture device offline

Premiere Pro 4, Sony HVR-M25U deck. I have full control of the deck, except for capturing, capture device offline message. When I go to DV/HDV Device control settings, my "check status" box says "online".

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
      Steve
        • 1. Re: Capture device offline

having the same issue but on a sony hdr-fx1

• 2. Re: Capture device offline
            Eddie Lotter Level 4

Welcome to the forums.

You will find some capture troubleshooting tips here. There are lots of things to try, so be sure to try them all. Any one of them could be the solution to your problem.

Cheers
            Eddie

• 3. Re: Capture device offline
              Level 1

I found the answer, at least for my camera, the setting in the camera were the issue, i-link conversion needs to be off and the vcr hdv-dv setting needs to be on hdv

• 4. Re: Capture device offline
                Eddie Lotter Level 4

Awesome. I'm glad you found it.

Cheers

Eddie

• 5. Re: Capture device offline
                  desports

Just downloaded the trial version of CS4. It will not recognize either of my cameras and I get the Capture Device Offline message when I try to capture and also the video will not print out to the monitor. In OnLocation the video plays and I can see it on the screen.

Frankly I ran through some of this material but cant figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. desports@verizon.net if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

• 6. Re: Capture device offline
                    Eddie Lotter Level 4

Please provide these details to help us help you.

Cheers
                    Eddie

• 7. Re: Capture device offline
                      desports Level 1

I am trying to print out a test project and cant get this trial version to

do so.  I cannot export a project to an AVI file. While the video plays in

my recorder, I cannot get audio to come out.

Is this trial version set so that I cannot actually complete a finished

project? If so, how am I to know if its worth purchasing, and if not, what

do I need to set up to see what a finished product looks like?

I do not seem to have access to any help files either on the trial version.

So my real question is why bother upgrading these software programs if an

idiot like me can't figure out how to use it?

Regards,

Marshal Manlove

• 9. Re: Capture device offline
                        desports Level 1

Thanks...

This isnt really helping me though, or I am too stupid to figure this

out...one or the other.

One of my issues is that, with my setup, I play a project out to a DV

recorder (on to a MiniDV tape). The picture comes out of the computer, but

not the sound. (The sound plays on the computer fine).

Also, while trying to export the project to an AVI (after rendering it) I

get an error stating that the file cannot be found. The file plays in the

box in the section prior to placing it in queue to export, but wont export.

I just need to know if these functions are disabled, or if I need to reset

something, or if I need a different computer to run this software.

Frankly, I would just like to re-buy Premier Pro 1.5, which worked fine on

here until my system crashed and I lost my damn disc with the Premier Pro

1.5 that I bought many years ago now.

Please advise so that I can make a decision one way or the other.

Regards,

Marshal Manlove

• 10. Re: Capture device offline
                          Harm Millaard Level 7

Frankly, I would just like to re-buy Premier Pro 1.5, which worked fine on

here until my system crashed and I lost my damn disc with the Premier Pro

1.5 that I bought many years ago now.

Can you explain how a system crash causes your disc to get lost?  Maybe contact Adobe would be a solution.

• 11. Re: Capture device offline
                            desports Level 1

I had a computer virus that destroyed most of the programs that I had on my

system. Since I have had my system for a while and have moved during that

time, I lost most of my discs to reload my old programs.

I just need to figure out my issues with the trial version of CS4 that I am

having to see if it is worth buying or not or if I have to go search EBay or

some other unreliable place to try to buy a new copy of Premier Pro 1.5. If

the trial version of CS4 wont work for some reason on my PC, there is no

sense spending 800 dollars for it. But the issues I pen again below are what

I cannot get the answers to currently...

One of my issues is that, with my setup, I play a project out to a DV

recorder (on to a MiniDV tape). The picture comes out of the computer, but

not the sound. (The sound plays on the computer fine).

Also, while trying to export the project to an AVI (after rendering it) I

get an error stating that the file cannot be found. The file plays in the

box in the section prior to placing it in queue to export, but wont export.

I just need to know if these functions are disabled, or if I need to reset

something, or if I need a different computer to run this software.

Thanks,

Marshal Manlove

• 12. Re: Capture device offline
                              Jim_Simon Level 8
                              The picture comes out of the computer, but not the sound. (The sound plays on the computer fine).

This indicates that you have the sound set up to play on the computer, instead of through Firewire.  Change that and you should be good to go.

Marshal Manlove

Seriously?

• 13. Re: Capture device offline
                                desports Level 1

Ok, I just must be an idiot because I cannot figure out the following...and

I have been editing video on a computer for nearly 10 years now.

The picture comes out of the computer, but not the sound. (The sound plays

on the computer fine).

This indicates that you have the sound set up to play on the computer,

instead of through Firewire. Change that and you should be good to go.

WHERE DO I CHANGE THAT AND HOW?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Marshal Manlove

• 14. Re: Capture device offline
                                  Jim_Simon Level 8

Playback Settings.  Specifics should be in the Help file.

• 15. Re: Capture device offline
                                    desports Level 1

Found them. Thank you very much.