This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Best guess is a settings/codec issue.
First I'd ask if you even got the information right, because it looks like the raw footage is 4:3, where as 1280 x 720 is a 16:9 format. So something here doesn't jive.
Then I'd ask what camera took the clips? Premiere has a tendency to work best with standard video camera formats, and I'm not aware of any video camera that takes the kind of footage you say you're using.
For simplicity's sake, I left that info out. But here goes:
I have a jailbroken iPhone and I used the app "3G iPhone Video Recorder" to get all of the footage. The original encoding was 384x288, 10 fps, 1.0 pixels, .mov file format.
I tried importing the .mov files into Premiere but they did not render well at all. It was playing at a lot less than 10 fps... More like 2. So I used Canopus Edius 5 to re-encode all of the files to 1280x720 (16:9), 29.97 fps .avi files. I opened the newly created .avi files in Windows Media Player and they did run a lot more smoothly.
But when I tried importing these files into Premiere and then rendering, I experienced the problem that I explained in my original post.
So I think we can assume that the original .mov files are the cause of the problem. Maybe they are corrupted, because there is some frame skip. Ah, frustrations.
Thanks for the help btw.
>So I think we can assume that the original .mov files are the cause of the problem.
Well, that's kind of a given using a cell phone to shoot video.
What codec was used to create the files out of Edius? (Also, why not just use Edius for the whole task?)
I hate Edius. I just used it to re-encode the .mov files because they weren't working with Premiere.
Edius export settings:
Frame size : 1280 x 720
Frame rate : 29.97( 30000/1001 )
Pixel aspect : 1.0000
Field order : Progressive
Rate : 48000Hz
Sample size : 16 Bit
Channel : 2
Rendering format : Canopus HQ Standard
TC preset : 00:00:00:00
TC mode : Non drop frame
Total length : --:--:--:--
Over Scan Size : 3 %
Audio Reference Level : -20.0 dB
Panning mode : Standard
Color space conversion : Standard
Eesh. No wonder.
For that cell phone original footage, try exporting out of Edius as DV instead.
I tried exporting from Edius as DV and I was still running into the same problem while trying to render the video in Premiere.
However I tried making a new sequence in Premiere with the preset DV - NTSC 48kHz Standard... And then it worked!
Before I had been using this custom preset:
Editing mode: Desktop
Frame size: 1280h 720v (1.0000)
Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)
Fields: Lower Field First
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second
...And I nearly forgot my manners.
Thank you very much for the help =D