7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2008 7:59 AM by Meldur

Audio Conforming Bug fixed?

Meldur
      Hello,

I like to upgrade my Premiere Pro CS3 to CS4 but first I have to know, if the very well known conforming-bug is fixed? Because of this bug sometimes it is horrible to use hdv-footage. The audio-conforming takes very much time by using just 4% of the cpu and often the audio was shifted to the video so the footage was not useable. The only solution was to split the audio from the video extern and recombine it in premiere - not good!
      Adobe also told me "we are working on it" - so can anybody tell me if this is better now in CS4?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Audio Conforming Bug fixed?
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          I'm not aware of "the very well known conforming-bug". No problems here and no bug.
          • 2. Re: Audio Conforming Bug fixed?
            Meldur Level 1
            That would be great - I have a huge HDV-project next time and like to use Premiere Pro - but only by 100%.
            • 3. Re: Audio Conforming Bug fixed?
              Meldur Level 1
              Ok - I do not know from where are your informations, but they are wrong. watch this: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b70698
              I also had a test with the trail and had the same asnyc. audio.

this is so poor!!!
              • 4. Re: Audio Conforming Bug fixed?
                Harm Millaard Level 7
                That is not a conforming-bug. That is OE, caused by Noobs who do not know about codecs and what they cause. They created their own havoc.
                • 5. Re: Audio Conforming Bug fixed?
                  Level 1
                  i think harm millard must work for adobe.

there are well known conforming bugs with adobe premiere cs4.

why not get people on the forums to say everything is fine when its not? that should increase the sales for adobe

conforming issues? yes there are.

please see my post regarding a conforming issue: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b75868
                  • 6. Re: Audio Conforming Bug fixed?
                    joshtownsend Level 2
                    "Ok - I do not know from where are your informations, but they are wrong. watch this: http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b70698
                    I also had a test with the trail and had the same asnyc. audio.

this is so poor!!! "

That's pretty amazing you able to test because HVD doesn't work in the trial.

I've been using CS4 and never had an audio conforming problem. Don't regularly use HDV and I quit capturing from tapes over a year ago.
                    • 7. Re: Audio Conforming Bug fixed?
                      Meldur Level 1
                      It's nice for you that you had quit capturing from tapes, but there are still a lot of users boundet on using tapes. So "use another hardware" or "use third party tools" can not be the answere for this problem. I've tryed the 4.0.1 update and the problem seems to be fixed in 50% of cases - but not for all but I'm not able to sepererate.

ps: when there is no bug, why adobe try to fixed it in 4.0.1? but they will never call it "bugfix" - the call ist "better a/v-sych algorithm"