5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2008 12:26 PM by Curt Wrigley

Project Bin Settings

shooternz Level 6
      Does CS4 remeber the custom Column settings in the project window between re-opening or changing Projects?

Currently this is driving me insane (in CS3) as I work on 5 projects on and off during the same day(s).
        • 1. Re: Project Bin Settings
          shooternz Level 6
          I can either assume that it is fixed in CS4 .... or it not fixed in CS4 and it does not worry anyone else anymore. (apart from me)

Yesterdays issues become less important because of new issues I guess.
          • 2. Re: Project Bin Settings
            Curt Wrigley Level 4
            This was a pet peeve of mine in cs3 also. Youll be happy to know cs4's columns are sticky; they remember how you set them.

And, when you load a project, you can elect to import their workspace or not.
            • 3. Re: Project Bin Settings
              shooternz Level 6
              Brilliant news - thanx Curt.

I am slowly getting the "confidence" to install CS4.

(I am far too busy to deal with new or old issues)
              • 4. Re: Project Bin Settings
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                Curt,

That is good news. I had taken to building a "template" Project with all of the settings, like Columns, etc., that I needed, and then opening that and doing a Save_As, before I began any Importing. That still might be necessary to keep from having to build the Bin structure for each Project. Same way I do it for Encore and the common folder (Bins in PP) structure. I hate having to do repetitious work like that - 'cause I'm lazy!

Thanks,

Hunt
                • 5. Re: Project Bin Settings
                  Curt Wrigley Level 4
                  Bill, I used to do the same thing.

Here's another trick PrCS4 can do:

Create a template project with opening sequence or closing sequence or title sequence; whatever.

Open a new Pr project (columns are remebered) and Import just a single Seq from your template project. You dont have to import the entire project any more. Pr CS4 is smart enough to import all the assets associated only with the single sequence you import. I find this very helpful.

Curt