16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2009 7:29 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Pro CS4 Export fails with Media Encoder CS4 "Encoding Failed"," Could Not Read From Source.

There has never been a history of Adobe CS3 installation on the brand new MAC Pro I am using prior to installing Master Collection CS4, despite other posts claiming that chief cause of this issue is a previous CS3, Beta or trial installations of previous versions. I simply had a straightforward installation of CS4 and have had trouble since day 1.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Master CS4 three times, two times with the action script cleaner for CS4. I tried changing Adobe Cache folder locations to alternative drives. I ran shift start many times to correct any inconsistencies and corrected for permissions using disk utilities repeatedly. All updates have been installed and I am still getting the same error when exporting my timeline to Media Encoder CS4, be it a large High Definition project or a small one consisting of few stills.

No matter what presets I chose, the job appears as one of the items in the render qeuee of Media Encoder CS4 and sits there with the status WAITING until i hit Start Queue. When I do, it still says WAITING under Status and at the bottom corner of the window it reads : Loading "project name.prproj" and after an average of about 6 minutes, a yellow caution sign appears. No render whatsoever takes place. When I click on the yellow caution sign, it reads a log of all errors in connection with each job, including the ones that have gone before it. Here is one:

Start of the Error Paste
      - Source File:/users/myname/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/test.prproj
      - Output File:/ users/my name/Documetns/Adobe/Premiere Pro/4.0/Sequence 01.mov
      - Preset used :NTSC DV
      - Video:
      - Audio:
      - Bitrate:
      0 Encoding Time: 00:33:01
      Sat Mar 21 17:12:25 2009 : Encoding failed
      Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.

END OF ERROR Paste

Please any gurus out there know how to troubleshoot this damn thing on Mac, I really appreciate it. I have not yet encountered any posts of Mac owners with no previous CS3 installation having this issue. I am in the middle of 3 projects with tight deadlines and need your urgent help. THANK YOU!