4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 9:49 AM by the_wine_snob

Word "Logo" Appears on Titles When Exporting as Windows Media File

(James_Stover)
      Whenever exporting as a windows media file, the title pages are obscured by the word "logo" in large type across the screen. Is there a rendering step or other problem I am overlooking? It doesn't seemed to be a problem with other export formats -- but it is essential I have this as a Windows Media file.
        • 1. Re: Word "Logo" Appears on Titles When Exporting as Windows Media File
          the_wine_snob Level 9
          James,

Shot in the dark here. With many title templates, there is placeholder text, that is meant to be changed, as needed, when you actually do your title. The words "logo," and "Title Here," are but two fairly common "placeholders." In Titler, you *should* be able to either replace those with YOUR text, or select and delete the Text Block easily.

Now, if you have the "trial" version of some titler, i.e. Bluff Titler, Hollywood FX or ProDAD, these may be watermarks, that would not appear in the purchased version.

Which templates are you referring to?

Good luck,

Hunt
          • 2. Re: Word "Logo" Appears on Titles When Exporting as Windows Media File
            (James_Stover) Level 1
            Thanks. I'm actually asking on behalf of my daughter, who has the trial version of CS4 (no other trials in use). While I've worked in TV professionally (used Avid Xpress), I've been out for several years. I've not looked closely at her work and the individual components on the timeline, apart from helping her with the exporting. I'll certainly give your advice a try -- I'm wondering if that placeholder text is 'in there somewhere,' while not immediately discernable when she assembles her title pages. I'll have to check tonight to see which templates she's using.
            • 3. Re: Word "Logo" Appears on Titles When Exporting as Windows Media File
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

Your daughter will also find links to many free tutorials in the PremiereProPedia that will quickly show you how things are done in Premiere Pro.

Cheers
              Eddie

PremiereProPedia    ( RSS feed)
              - Over 350 frequently answered questions
              - Over 300 free tutorials
              - Maintained by editors like you
              Forum FAQ
              • 4. Re: Word "Logo" Appears on Titles When Exporting as Windows Media File
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                James,

If it is "placeholder" text, it will be visible in the Monitor and in the Titler (when you Dbl-click on the Title).

I *believe* that the only limitation with the trial version of CS4 is the lack of .MPEG support, due to licensing reasons.

Now, in the trial for Premiere Elements, there is a "watermark" that appears in the footage. Before Exporting that material, the watermark disappears, when the program is registered, i.e. purchased. Note: if one were to Export from the trial of PE, the watermark would show in the Exported file, and would NOT disappear there, only in the Project itself. Do not think that CS4 trial behaves like that, but could be wrong.

Good luck,

Hunt