4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2009 3:34 AM by mickkeay

Messing with stills

mickkeay Level 1
      Quick question guys: (been playing with time lapse on my DSLR)

If I have my general preferences set to say 150 frames duration for stills import and get a project going on that - all is well. If I then want to import a bunch of different stills at different duration - say a crazy 5 frames - then I have realised that I cant just change the general preference and get PP to see the duration change when I select the new batch. I have to save, close and re-open PP. This is a bit of a pain if I want to fine tine the duration of those stills on the timeline.

So is there a way to mass select a bunch of stills on the timeline (all adjacent) and change their duration?
        • 1. Re: Messing with stills
          Curt Wrigley Level 4
          In CS4 yes; thats a new feature

1. Mass select a bunch of clips
          2. Go to clip menu choose speed/duration
          3. change duration to desired amount
          4. tick box that allows timline to ripple
          click ok
          • 2. Re: Messing with stills
            the_wine_snob Level 9
            MickKeay & Curt,

Thanks for asking and for answering. This would have tripped me up badly. Now I know.

Hunt
            • 3. Re: Messing with stills
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              >I cant just change the general preference and get PP to see the duration change when I select the new batch. I have to save, close and re-open PP.

That part shouldn't be. Any change made to the preference should affect any newly imported stills without closing and reopening Premiere.
              • 4. Re: Messing with stills
                mickkeay Level 1
                Thanks Curt - Wow - just tried it and that is sooo cool - especially that timeline ripple. It will save me so much time

Jim - apologies - you are dead right - it does take effect immediately (could have sworn I tried it before and had to re-open PP, and you wont believe how many times I have needlessly closed and re-opened PP on this project!) so thanks for picking that up :-)