8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 9:27 AM by creig bryan-mUOxt4

Trim edits

(Mathias_De_Groof)
      Hi,

I'm new at premiere, but I've mastered the basics.

I have a question about trim edits (trimming a clip in the timeline to the right or left while holding the crtl key, so the other clips move together with the modified clip).

I have a big project, with multiple clips on the timeline. I also have a title for each clip on a separate video track.

My problem is the following: there doesn't seem to be a way to keep all the clips AND all the titles synced when performing a trim edit. If I turn on the sync lock for the title track, all titles are shifted, including the title of the clip I performed the edit on. This means all titles are correctly positioned, except the title of the clip I trim edited.
      As you probably guessed, turning the sync lock off for the title track creates the opposite behavior: the title of the edited clip stays in the correct position, while the other tiles are now positioned incorrectly.

I must also point out that this only happens when trim editing a clip's in point to the left (i.e. dragging the beginning of the clip to the left).

Is there a way to make sure all the titles stay correctly positioned? Or do I have to move the title of the clip I trim edit by hand?

I hope this makes sense, since this is very difficult to explain in text.