9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2008 9:35 PM by shooternz

Premiere Pro CS4 & Final Cut Pro captured Quicktime files

I am currently evaluating the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS4. I started editing video with Adobe Creative Suite 2 but Adobe Premie CS2 was so buggy for me that I sold my Windows computer and bought a Mac Pro with Final Cut Studio. I do use other Adobe programs so I thought let's give them another chance.

I imported a few Quicktime files which I have captured with Final Cut Pro in Quicktime HDV format (no ProRes). These files don't playback very well on my Mac Pro. The audio plays fine, the image is there, but the image lags behind the audio every 5 seconds (it stutters). This way, the video and audio look out of sync.

In Final Cut Pro, these clips playback without any problems. The other way around, I captured a clip with Adobe Premiere Pro (Adobe, where is the real-time preview for HDV on a Mac?) in the MPEG format (could not capture in Quicktime with HDV). The clip plays back fine in Premiere Pro but it makes both Quicktime Player and Final Cut Pro crash when I try to open/import it.

I wonder what is going on here. Looks' like the program is still as buggy as CS2.

Such a shame when Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash are so stable and amazing.

I am on a Mac Pro, Leopard 10.5.5, quad-core 2.66Ghz, 5GB RAM, Ati Radeon 1900XT and 4 Samsung 750GB harddisk of which 2 in RAID 0 for rendering and writing video to.