4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2010 9:37 AM by Harm Millaard

Install Error 1605

I previously installed Premiere Pro CS4, then I had to do a system restore which apparently wiped out the installation. Now when I tried to install it again, an error message 1605 appeared and it said "This action is only available for products that are currently installed." I have disabled both the virus protection and firewall as suggested, rebooted the computer, etc. and I still cannot install the product. Any help is greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Install Error 1605
          dericktrotter
          I had same problem but used this clean up script found here <br />http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs4clean.html<br /><br />Mike<br /><br /><br /><br /><Fritz_Detwiler@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:59b72378.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I previously installed Premiere Pro CS4, then I had to do a system restore <br />>which apparently wiped out the installation. Now when I tried to install it <br />>again, an error message 1605 appeared and it said "This action is only <br />>available for products that are currently installed." I have disabled both <br />>the virus protection and firewall as suggested, rebooted the computer, etc. <br />>and I still cannot install the product. Any help is greatly appreciated.
          • 2. Re: Install Error 1605
            Level 1
            Mike,

Thanks for your help. I began the process to which you linked me but PPro CS4 won't uninstall. The first time I tried to uninstall it, the PPro CS4 uninstall window came up, I checked PPro CS4, and a few seconds later a popup message said that it didn't uninstall completely. When I retried it, the PPro CS4 uninstall menu reappeared and the check box for PPro CS4 was gone -- yet PPro CS4 is still on my machine. Urgh!

Fritz
            • 3. Re: Install Error 1605
              ttoonnyy38 Level 1

im also having a similar problem. my computer would instantly reboot half way through any exporting so i tried a system restore at which the computer rebooted itself before finishing, and then i reinstalled windows, didnt format my hdd

tried to run ppro, error, tried to reinstall it, the exact error your getting. it tries to write the files in the install for half a second before that damn box comes up.

did the script, tried to install, error. did the script again, rebooted this time, tried to install: same stupid error.

im on xp sp2, amd athlon x2 dual core 3800, nvidia geforce 7600 gt, and cocaine if i cant fix this (j/k)

• 4. Re: Install Error 1605
                Harm Millaard Level 7

Hardware failure is right around the corner from what you tell. Could be a myriad of things, CPU, PSU, GPU, mobo, disks. Better prepare for a complete system failure and make backups of your data and get your install disks and license numbers ready for a fresh install on a (partly) new system.