3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 5:39 AM by joshtownsend

Audio falls out of sync after import when original MPG is fine?!

Gentlemen you've been a fantastic help in the past, so maybe I can put myself in your debt one more time:

I've been working with Prem Pro CS4 for over a week now importing 1+hours mpg movies, slicing and dicing them and exporting to avi clips. All has been great. Yesterday I tried to do the same with an imported a 2-hour mpg which plays fine in Windows Media player (sound is in sync with video etc.)..However after I import it into premiere and and it is indexed and conformed and I drop it onto the timeline / sequence about 5 minutes into the video the sound starts lagging and eventually falls behind about several seconds..this out of sync phenomena remains for the rest of the video...in other words at the end of the vid the sound is off about 5 seconds or so. The original mpg is fine from start to end however. Has anyone experienced this or is there a premiere pro patch that fixes this. I walso tried exporting the entire 2 hour vid from premiere to AME and the resulting avi was also out of synch?!

Here is the original mpg info if it's any help:

Type: MPEG Movie
      File Size: 5.1 GB
      Image Size: 720 x 480
      Pixel Depth: 32
      Frame Rate: 29.97
      Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo
      Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo
      Total Duration: 02;04;40;27
      Average Data Rate: 715 KB / second
      Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.9091

Your help is very much appreciated