8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2008 6:37 AM by joshtownsend

Export Quality - What Now?

Hi everyone.

I am exporting a sequence (960 by 540 pixels) but am running into some trouble when exporting the "media". It keeps saying that it will export in the default size (920 by 480 pixels) but that is not my sequence size.

If anyone could help me, that would be great.
        • 1. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
          Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          What is the media - type, size, pixel aspect? Same for the sequence setting? What type of export (avi, mpeg, etc)?
          • 2. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
            Level 1
            @Stanley Jones I want to export to Quicktime, in the same pixel size as my 960 by 540 pixel sequence. I'm not sure if there is a pixel aspect, as I just rendered out of Maya and then put it into After Effects.
            • 3. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
              Well, I think you'd better start reading on pixel aspect. (Start with the help file.) Devices apply pixel aspect assumptions, so you've got to know, know how your source relates to your sequence settings (should match), and choose correctly (perhaps differently from source and sequence) on export. What does premiere say is the pixel aspect of the Maya clip?
              • 4. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
                Level 1
                @Stanley Jones The aspect ratio and the size of the Maya clip is the same size as the sequence (960 by 540 pixels). The aspect ratio is 16:9... Assuming that is what you meant by "pixel aspect".
                • 5. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
                  Yes, that is the sort of thing I was looking for.

Describe how you are exporting and what settings you see; someone will chime in to help. I don't have CS4, and some users have had trouble getting what they want in QT exports.
                  • 6. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
                    Level 1
                    I am exporting through the Adobe Media Encoder to a Quicktime file, and my settings are below.

http://i37.tinypic.com/154czmf.png
                    • 7. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
                      Someone else will need to help you with the export settings. I din't have CS4. I am still suspicious of the par from Maya and/or your export settings. I don't see a setting in your image - don't have CS4, and it seems to me someone has said they have had problems exporting QT - but I don't think it was a par issue.
                      • 8. Re: Export Quality - What Now?
                        joshtownsend Level 2
                        That round button with the two arrows pointing down. Push that and it will open up more options. QT can be set with like 20 codects so the presets are very useless.

From the picture your set render a dvcpro file thats 720x480.

16/9 has a 1.21 PAR so does your footage most likely.

When you go advanced set it to h.264 and at the very bottom set your bit rate to around 5,000. Manual set the size to your 960 by 540 and set the par to 1.21 (widescreen).

If you do this in Premiere AFTER AME starts recheck your settings. This is a known bug with quicktime (it resets your bitraye with quicktime files)

Do all that and see if it helps. BTW what is your final destination? DVD, web, composite into a project?