6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2008 2:41 AM by (Dick_Sefton)

Anyone using RT.X2 with CS4?

Level 1
      I am considering the Matrox RT.X2 with CS4 for our business.

Anyone with any insight on how well these two products work together?

Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: Anyone using RT.X2 with CS4?
          Chuck A. McIntyre Level 3
          We started in-house editing in 2003 using the Matrox RT.X100 with Premiere 6.5. We had many issues that caused near disasters and wasted quite a bit of our time. Later as we graduated to Premiere Pro 1.5 with the Matrox RT.X100, we experienced on the average around 4 crashes per day. Sometimes project files would get corrupted to the point, we would have to go dig through auto-saves to find a useable version.

Feature-wise, I think the RT.X2 is good. Before making a decision, you should check the Matrox forums to see if users are having time-wasting compatibility issues. We had so many issues with the RT.X100, that our company will personally never purchase another Matrox product again.

The RT.X2 could possibly be much more stable. You should find out from users how many times per day their system crashes and if there are any issues related to stability eg. export to tape, corrupted project files or artifacting in final output.

Matrox RT.X2 Forum:
          http://forum.matrox.com/rtx2/index.php
          • 2. Re: Anyone using RT.X2 with CS4?
            Level 1
            Thanks for the insight. We had the same experience with Pinnacle many years back - not even sure if they are still in business - but my feelings are the same - I would never buy another Pinnacle product again.

We own a RT.X2 with CS3 - and its actually a very very stable system - zero crashes - Im curious to hear any feedback now that CS4 is out.

Thanks again!
            • 3. Re: Anyone using RT.X2 with CS4?
              joshtownsend Level 2
              There is no CS4 support for Matrox yet so there's no feedback to give.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/rtx2/
              • 4. Re: Anyone using RT.X2 with CS4?
                Jim_Simon Level 8
                >We had so many issues with the RT.X100, that our company will personally never purchase another Matrox product again.

I second that.
                • 5. Re: Anyone using RT.X2 with CS4?
                  Level 1
                  as stated above - the RTX2 is a great thing to use with HDV editing and post, but there is no support for CS4 yet. Matrox are developing drivers and have been for about 6 weeks but as yet they aren't offering any idea of when they will be ready.
                  • 6. Re: Anyone using RT.X2 with CS4?
                    Level 1
                    RTX2 update available from matrox websites from the 22nd of december!