2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2008 8:52 AM by (Petrula)

Encore chapter markers which move with clip

Level 1
      Problem: Encore chapter markers which move with clip

CS4 Production Suite
      XP Pro SP3

I have 9 sequences with each containing 4 Encore chapter markers. As expected in the real world, the end users continually want edits to the sequences. If I razor out a piece of a clip in the sequence, the Encore chapter markers stay fixed to the time ruler and do not move with the clip. As a result, one has to manually move each Encore chapter marker to re-align with the proper location on a clip. This is time consuming and makes no sense. Is there anyway for the Encore chapter markers to act like clip markers so they move with edits?

If not, does someone have a plugin which would look at the Encore chapter markers in a sequence and place corresponding clip markers on Video 1. After editing, the plugin could re-align the Encore chapter markers with their respective clip markers.
        • 1. Re: Encore chapter markers which move with clip
          Jim_Simon Level 8
          >Is there anyway for the Encore chapter markers to act like clip markers so they move with edits?

No.

>does someone have a plugin which would look at the Encore chapter markers in a sequence and place corresponding clip markers on Video 1.

Not that I know of. It's manual work only.

(And you're right, it is a pain in the ***.)
          • 2. Re: Encore chapter markers which move with clip
            Level 1
            What is needed are Encore Chapter Clip Markers so Encore markers follow the clip. Just as you would move the current-time indicator to the frame where you want an Encore chapter point and then right click (Windows) in the time ruler and choose the type of marker, a new context menu item "Encore Chapter Clip Marker" would be available which would place an Encore chapter marker on the clip in the currently selected video track. With this, one could edit the sequence and know the Encore chapter point is still at the same frame of the clip.

I encourage others to either copy this feature description or their own version and submit it to the Feature Request Page for Premiere.

Feature Request Page
            http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

One should submit this Feature to both Premiere and Encore since both are effected. By the way, Encore has a Feature Request user form you may also want to submit this to. Premiere does not appear to have a Feature Request user form so I used the Feature Request Page mentioned above.