4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2008 8:04 PM by joshtownsend

Encoding to wmv is quality challenged!

shooternz Level 6
      My AME is "stuck" in a mode where it will not output a wmv file to a quality that I set. No matter what setting I apply (eg Highest bitrate) it indicates it will out put a file size eg.21mb ...yet it continues to export a file that is 1207kb.

CS4 AME is a fairly flaky experience. It seems to have issues at many levels. other issues for me include Q/time (exclamation mark error) , proheadless error message.
        • 1. Re: Encoding to wmv is quality challenged!
          Curt Wrigley Level 4
          Craig; for kicks and giggles, try changing the parm you want AFTER the job goes to the AME queue. Click on the parm when the export job is in the queue and change the preset there. Just curious if that will work for you.
          • 2. Re: Encoding to wmv is quality challenged!
            shooternz Level 6
            Tried it and all I got was another kick in the arse. No giggles.

I am getting more and more discouraged with many aspects of this CS4 release.

The dual playback system (scrub vs playback) continues to frustrate.

External monitoring of video/audio is too weird to even discuss (audio / video synch issues).

Playback of rendered timeline previews has variable results.

AME Encoding is flaky and incoonsistent.

BTWSequences in same project with various settings has not been implemented well. Great idea but it doesnt work and is complicated due to Playback settings.

Exporting a frame grab is a nonsense workflow. (dumb &dumbest)

There are still some issues with Titler. "pane creep"

Track Targetting /Source Targetting! (dont get me started again)

.... to be continued.....

BTW: CS2 & CS3 (esp) remain....sweet (thank god for their minor little issues)
            • 3. Re: Encoding to wmv is quality challenged!
              Curt Wrigley Level 4
              Sry it didnt work. I saw that workaround work for a similar issue and hoped it would work for you.
              • 4. Re: Encoding to wmv is quality challenged!
                joshtownsend Level 2
                I'll do a test on my system for ya. tell me the source media specifics and the export specifics and I'll try to replicate it for ya.

Merry Christmas pal.