23 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2008 6:07 AM by the_wine_snob

Adobe media encoder dont export avi

i work in premiere cs4 and i try to export that project in avi format but it dont appear in the batchlist of media encoder. If i choose the mpegdvd option, it works. which is the problem? codecs missing? helpme please!!!.
        • 1. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

See Export a movie file for further editing in the PPro CS4 Help for instructions.

Cheers
          Eddie

PremiereProPedia   ( RSS feed)
          - Over 300 frequently answered questions
          - Over 250 free tutorials
          - Maintained by editors like you
          Forum FAQ
          • 2. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            In the export settings choose for Format: microsoft avi and Preset: NTSC/PAL DV.
            • 3. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
              Miles Johnston Level 1
              Why are the most simple things made so damn difficult!
              • 4. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                Harm Millaard Level 7
                It all depends on your level of expertise and schooling. If you don't have any, everything is difficult, if you have it, everything is easy.
                • 5. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                  Level 1
                  >It all depends on your level of expertise and schooling. If you don't have any, everything is difficult, if you have it, everything is easy.

This is sick.Can Administrator do something please?We dont need this kind of answers.
                  • 7. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                    Level 1
                    Mister Harm Millaard, is this User to User forum or Expert to Expert forum?
                    • 8. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                      Harm Millaard Level 7
                      If you don't know the answer to that, I suggest some reading classes or glasses for you.
                      • 9. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                        Dag Norum Level 2
                        FYI,

In Harm's keyboard it's a NOR gate, and maybe a NAND gate.

Dag
                        • 10. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                          Harm Millaard Level 7
                          I always figured I had only XOR gates, but I'll look it up/under the keyboard. Thanks for the suggestion Dag.
                          • 11. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                            Dag Norum Level 2
                            >I always figured I had only XOR gates

:)
                            • 12. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                              rockyweih Level 1
                              Point 1: When you have a version that requires two moves to do something, and the next (improved?) version takes four or five moves to do the same thing,there is a problem. I have seen this in several software programs. It's a screw up any way you look at it. It's not a matter of expertise or schooling, it's a matter of a company not thinking about what they are doing. I read these forums every day, I have since version 5.0, CS4 was released way to quick. Maybe it will be fixed with updates, maybe it will be fixed in CS5.
                              Point 2: How long do we have to put up with Mr. Millaard and his obnoxious posts? Please someone that monitors this forum put a stop to it. Professional or amateur we are all here to gather or share knowledge.
                              • 13. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                Level 1
                                If you look into other forums, like After Effects, Photoshop, Encore, In Design, Dreamweaver etc. you cannot find this kind of conversation.It is tipical only for Premiere Pro forum.Probably because of people like Harm Millaard.That's the shame.
                                • 14. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                  joshtownsend Level 2
                                  I think Harms about as close to an administrator as we have around here.
                                  • 15. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                    joshtownsend Level 2
                                    "If you look into other forums, like After Effects, Photoshop, Encore, In Design, Dreamweaver etc. you cannot find this kind of conversation"

My personal opinion is because those programs work ten times better than Premiere. I mean in photoshop you don't have people going 'why can't I save a JPG file'

Hell in those forum most of the questions are least based around how to do something creative. Here it's just people pissed because the program doesn't do what it should or like they think it should.

BTW Harms not so bad, he's an acquired taste. But a valuable asset none the less.
                                    • 16. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                      Harm Millaard Level 7
                                      Whether I'm an acquired taste or not, I leave that up to you to decide.

What irks me enormously is the number of posts by absolute NOOBS, who have never looked in the manual, who have never used the HELP file, assume that everybody should be at their disposal to solve the problems they have due to lack of understanding the basics of NLE, who act as adolescent nitwits that feel frustrated when named just that, who give a clear indication of using hijacked and illegitimate software, while the majority has payed dearly for an official license, and they still complain about things not working as they thought it would, using material not suitable for editing, trying to do things the program was never intended for on machines that are inadequate to start with.

Remarks like: HELP, URGENT, BUG and the like are abundant, but very, very rarely can this be substantiated other than by plain OE. Unfortunately, most OP's have a very difficult time understanding that the cause of their problems is their own doing and often they complain when someone mentions this.

C'est le ton qui fait la musique. If OP's would understand that even though their problem may be obvious to them, it is quite different when trying to ask somebody else's help. They have to go back to the basics and explain it for someone else, so the responder can understand. That is quite different and requires the OP to distance himself from his problem. Be objective, don't waste time on inconsequential details, show that you have searched the web or these fora, don't assume that saying: I don't have the time to search for an answer, so you do it, will win you a positive response.

People, get real. This is a great place to share knowledge and experience. Everybody had to learn sometime and even noobs deserve their attention and help. It just makes it frustrating when one is continuously confronted with users of illegal software that demand priority service from Adobe on a user-to-user forum or that fail to clearly state their situation.

Thus, I have this message:

i "I reserve the right to call anyone a noob. Especially if you haven't read the ******* manual!!"

i "The two most abundant things in the universe, are Hydrogen......and Noobidity!"
                                      • 17. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                        creig bryan-mUOxt4 Level 1
                                        So, then, you take it upon your perfectly-correct self to punish the new NOOBs for the transgressions of their predecessors (the NOOBs that came before), by using sarcasm, criticism, and the TOR (tone-of-righteousness) to belittle them and put them in their place, all because
                                        i your
                                        patience has worn thin?

No doubt, the vast majority (not just NOOBs) react negatively to you, Harm: You're treating them unfairly.

An acquired taste is so-named, because at first blanch, the novel experience is characteristically foul, pungent, bad, nasty, uncomfortable. Or, it is perceived as such. And since perception (being everything) is the very tool used in resolving first impressions, a NOOB's first impression of your "helping hands" is that YOU ARE NOT FIRST AID.

I am a staunch advocate of RTFM (hopefully, before you buy the associated gizmo), and I certainly see the need for properly posed inquiries.

But you cannot self-righteously ram the rules down a new NOOB's throat. Must you expose others to your toxic rhetoric, just because of your impatience? Do they insult you? Do they harm you, Harm?

You certainly have taken the heat off of Mobutu.

Keep Smiling
                                        • 18. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9
                                          So far in this thread, almost everyone has a valid point. The degree of validity might vary, but from the writers perspective they are valid.

I have been hoping that with the addition of Harms How to Ask Questions article at the top of the main page, more users (of all levels) would read, digest and utilize that guideline more. This does not seem to be happening, unfortunately. Maybe a neon sign for that sticky will attract more attention? I still feel that it is a step in the right direction and is very useful, if only people read it, before posting. [I tried to get something similar added in
                                          b LARGE, BOLD
                                          print to another Adobe forum. I was laughed out of the place with we dont need no stinking stickey here! We all know what were doing.]

CS4 also seems to be a bit at fault, as with some of its new features, various operations have changed, and for the user of previous versions, not for the better. Some operations that were once simple are, well, not quite so simple any longer. Can anyone say Still Frame? Some of us will just have to get used to doing things differently, than in previous versions of the software. Well also have to get used to asking where the heck did Adobe hide the _____?

At least the wiki is being updated at a very fast pace.

I too would like to see more questions on aesthetic decisions, but we have to take all questions and answer them as well as we can. That is what a user-to-user forum is about. Now, posters with problems, can make it easier by reading and applying the instructions in the stickey, before they post.

The New Year is almost upon us. Why dont we all just exhale and pledge to do our best to help everyone who comes here, as best we can?

Now, what was the question... ?

Hunt
                                          • 19. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                            Jim_Simon Level 8
                                            >If you look into other forums, like After Effects, Photoshop, Encore, In Design, Dreamweaver etc. you cannot find this kind of conversation.

I've had my *** handed back to me in two of those forums for not taking the time to do my research.

However you feel about the delivery, Harm's point is straight on. Everyone coming here for help should have done their due diligence. Those who don't, well...
                                            • 20. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                              Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant
                                              After all this less than useful talk, has anyone considered that these two users might be using MAC's and therefore do not have the capability to produce a Microsoft AVI?
                                              • 21. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                                Level 1
                                                Mister Millaard, it is very simply.If you dont like question, just dont answer.Why you think that you must reply to all posts?
                                                • 23. Re: Adobe media encoder dont export avi
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9
                                                  Bill,

i "has anyone considered that these two users might be using MAC's and therefore do not have the capability to produce a Microsoft AVI?"

Possibly the answer there. It does go back, a bit, to adding all necessary info, when one posts. That closes the door on a lot of speculation, and then the "20 Questions" routine.

Good call !

Hunt